Fall Out Boy - American Beauty/American Psycho

Are you confident that Patrick can perform it live, though? This is an honest to god question bc I can see him tearing his vocal chords up like he did in early 06.

& I say this as a really big Patrick Stump fan, I think he's great.

He has come SO far from 2006. Saw them live last year and he KILLED it. Dude's got some pipes.

He has come SO far from 2006. Saw them live last year and he KILLED it. Dude's got some pipes.

I'm not saying he doesn't lol. I love his voice. He could always sing, but he blew out his voice due to over exerting from tour after tour.

I saw them at the studio at webster hall for their comeback show right before SR&R and it was incredible!

I'm not saying he doesn't lol. I love his voice. He could always sing, but he blew out his voice due to over exerting from tour after tour.

I saw them at the studio at webster hall for their comeback show right before SR&R and it was incredible!

Out of every show they ever did since coming back, that Webster show is the one I wish was able to see. I had the chance but decided against it, and completely hate myself for it. That show had everything I loved about FOB. Old songs, small venue, and that old FOB energy.

Out of every show they ever did since coming back, that Webster show is the one I wish was able to see. I had the chance but decided against it, and completely hate myself for it. That show had everything I loved about FOB. Old songs, small venue, and that old FOB energy.

Aw I wish you had gone! I never saw FOB in arenas or anything larger than a club and I'd like to keep it that way. My friend bought the tickets to Webster on a whim but had to work and couldn't go so gave me the tickets. It was really a cool thing to experience in 2013 after all their success.

Aw I wish you had gone! I never saw FOB in arenas or anything larger than a club and I'd like to keep it that way. My friend bought the tickets to Webster on a whim but had to work and couldn't go so gave me the tickets. It was really a cool thing to experience in 2013 after all their success.

Keep it that way! I saw them 5 times in the past 2 years ( Skate and surf, 1x SRR arena tour, on the USS Intrepid, 2x on Monument Tour). Every time I saw them it just seemed like they were less and less into it. And dont even get me started on Monument tour. Those shows were the most inorganic shows I've ever seen. I saw them back to back nights in Florida, and it was the EXACT same show. No joke they did the exact same movements. And the setlist was like a greatest hits tour with no back catalogue stuff.  

Keep it that way! I saw them 5 times in the past 2 years ( Skate and surf, 1x SRR arena tour, on the USS Intrepid, 2x on Monument Tour). Every time I saw them it just seemed like they were less and less into it. And dont even get me started on Monument tour. Those shows were the most inorganic shows I've ever seen. I saw them back to back nights in Florida, and it was the EXACT same show. No joke they did the exact same movements. And the setlist was like a greatest hits tour with no back catalogue stuff.  

Eesh, thats no fun. I probably won't see any of them again unless it's another small show or if Patrick does solo stuff again.

I've seen them a ton since they got back together, just about every US tour that came somewhat near me. By far the 930 club show was the best I've ever seen them. Wish they'd do more small shows

That show was great, especially since it was at the start of the tour and his vocals were fresh. I saw them 5 months later in Philly and while it was a good show there was a noticeable difference.

• 3 weeks later...

As a dad of a super fan, I just saw and met them in August, I went from no interest in their music at all to a self described fall out dad. I heard the singles be released one after another and thought "man, they rushed this record to cash in, it is a sell out". Then after it released, I have really began to appreciate it. Almost every track has single potential, and it is just my gut, but 4th of July will be every where this spring/summer. Patrick is an amazing talent vocally and as a musician. They are a band with a sense of humor. Just watch the Dance, dance, dance video. Looking forward to seeing and meeting the again on the boys of ZUMMER tour.

I feel the same about the boxset/12".

As for the album much of the middle just blended together for me. I really dont know how to feel about the album. I got it yesterday and listened to it all the way through and then relistened to it today as I was driving. American Beauty/American Psycho has been my favorite so far. Uma Thurman has grown on me for some reason. Besides those I am unsure about the rest. I dont hate it but I dont find myself loving it.

I am over Centuries, I know that for sure.

I'm probably gonna pass on this vinyl release... I don't love the record enough. And, this is coming from a huge Fall Out Boy fan. 

I completely agree about the middle of the album blending together. Those are the weakest songs, imo. "Jet Pack Blues" "Fourth Of July" and "Favorite Record" ...Probably some of the cheesiest songs FOB have ever written, sadly. :\ I hated the title track when I first heard it, but it's grown on me. "Uma Thurman" is probably the song that's grown on me the most. Love it, so catchy. The only song I loved immediately was "Twin Skeletons" but I haven't seen much love for that track. I think people forget about it since it's the closer. But, it's definitely my favorite! (Although bits are super similar to Panic!'s "Miss Jackson" and "Let's Kill Tonight." Not a bad thing, though.)

And, I think it's safe to say everyone is over "Centuries." The guys released an apology to the world for the song being played way too much at sporting events. Hahaha.

I'm probably gonna pass on this vinyl release... I don't love the record enough. And, this is coming from a huge Fall Out Boy fan. 

I completely agree about the middle of the album blending together. Those are the weakest songs, imo. "Jet Pack Blues" "Fourth Of July" and "Favorite Record" ...Probably some of the cheesiest songs FOB have ever written, sadly. :\ I hated the title track when I first heard it, but it's grown on me. "Uma Thurman" is probably the song that's grown on me the most. Love it, so catchy. The only song I loved immediately was "Twin Skeletons" but I haven't seen much love for that track. I think people forget about it since it's the closer. But, it's definitely my favorite! (Although bits are super similar to Panic!'s "Miss Jackson" and "Let's Kill Tonight." Not a bad thing, though.)

And, I think it's safe to say everyone is over "Centuries." The guys released an apology to the world for the song being played way too much at sporting events. Hahaha.

Twin Skeletons is the very same for me. It's my favorite and the only one I liked on the first listen.

I am helping my wife with the school play this year and I heard her students talking about Fall Out Boy and I was like I loved fall out boy when I was in high school...they all looked at me confused because they didn't know that there were albums before Save Rock and Roll...

It made me feel old...and sad

I am helping my wife with the school play this year and I heard her students talking about Fall Out Boy and I was like I loved fall out boy when I was in high school...they all looked at me confused because they didn't know that there were albums before Save Rock and Roll...

It made me feel old...and sad

Jesus