Kanye West - The Life of Pablo

nardes

Here is the response from VD...

"

Hello Phil,

Sadly the replacements only arrive in very small charges, but we're sending them out to the customers as quickly as we can.

According to the current speed the replacements arrive in I'd say your copy should leave in about 10 days from now."

So if you are still waiting for a copy, you are probably in the same boat. 

Contacted them.  I got a shipping notification for it on April 24th but haven't received it yet.  I usually wouldn't worry about it but the same exact day, I got another shipping notification from them for another order I had place and have received those since then.

So I just emailed then again telling them exactly what I just typed up here.  And their response was: "This went out on April 24th.  You should receive this soon ;)."

I mean, I guess I believe them cause I've had nothing but good experiences with them.  I just thought it was funny.

53 minutes ago, FiggyPuddling said:

Contacted them.  I got a shipping notification for it on April 24th but haven't received it yet.  I usually wouldn't worry about it but the same exact day, I got another shipping notification from them for another order I had place and have received those since then.

So I just emailed then again telling them exactly what I just typed up here.  And their response was: "This went out on April 24th.  You should receive this soon ;)."

I mean, I guess I believe them cause I've had nothing but good experiences with them.  I just thought it was funny.

I wouldn't worry. Basically every mail carrier on the planet makes no sense. Those two boxes probably got routed two different ways thus one is taking longer than the other.

13 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

I wouldn't worry. Basically every mail carrier on the planet makes no sense. Those two boxes probably got routed two different ways thus one is taking longer than the other.

This is very true!  Like I said, I'm not too worried cause they've always been great and have had the best customer service.

Only time I've been a little disappointed is just recently when I received my order with the most recent pressing of "Graduation" in it and the sleeve got damaged pretty badly in transit.  I asked if they could send a replacement jacket but they said they didn't have any and the best they could do is offer my a partial discount when a new pressing came in.

Not even really anything to be disappointed with them about though.  None of those thing are their fault.

Not exactly Kanye related but it seems like Discogs is starting to crack down on bootleg selling. In addition to TLOP, Chance the Rapper's Acid Rap bootleg vinyl is no longer able to be sold on discogs.

I am surprised they haven't blocked the sale of Yeezus, WWT, Graduation, or Cruel Summer yet as well.

13 minutes ago, joshman150 said:

Your ,,TLOP" replacements will go out through the shipping tomorrow - I'm sorry for the delay :/

This may just be their standard response to delayed order requests. I got basically the same thing for a different order... they added that the breakbot "still waters" color variant took a while and JUST CAME IN... which is odd because they had been shipping it for weeks and its widely available everywhere. never had any real issues with them i think  they are probably just overly nice, get a lot of orders, make mistakes (probably more than they should), and try to resolve them, but forget about old orders if you dont remind them.

It's weird that some people are just getting replacement clear C/Ds while others are getting a whole new set on random colors. My friend got a new set and I got a replacement C/D (both ordered at the same time, requested replacements at the same time and even received the packages on the same day).

2 hours ago, orangesix said:

My local shop has a handful of these for 27.99.

But are they corrected ones? Or the ones with the error? I'm tempted to try to buy one now from a shop or online, but I'm expecting they'll go back up eventually so I might just wait it out. Patience is tough though haha

2 hours ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Forgive me if this has already been answered but, why can't you buy or sell this on discogs?

Do they have some sort of new policy about bootlegs?

It's probably pretty similar to how most of the internet works in regards to user uploaded content: have at it until the copyright owner contacts us, then that shit is squashed.

5 hours ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Forgive me if this has already been answered but, why can't you buy or sell this on discogs?

Do they have some sort of new policy about bootlegs?

It's not all bootlegs. Just TLOP and Acid Rap you can't sell on Discogs.

Yeezus, Cruel Summer, Graduation, etc. are all still available.

Ignore my last post. I hate the new layout and for some reason it won't let me write my reply, delete or edit it so forgive me.

I get why they're doing it but sadly I think it's a bad practice for the community becuase it's going to get more and more wide spread until you can only get boots on other sites and I personally would have always use discogs for as a first choice.

Boots are an important part of the community like it or not, and I think it would only make sense for the largest music market place to carry them and I think with the vinyl resurgence I think find the recent crackdown annoying but I 100% get where it's coming from but I just find it a bit silly becuase how far is too far? Are they gonna block selling of older rare boots a well. (More than likely not but who's to day that wouldn't happen)

But at the end of the day copywrite law

Edited by Green Tea Papi

4 minutes ago, Green Tea Papi said:

Ignore my last post. I hate the new layout and for some reason it won't let me write my reply, delete or edit it so forgive me.

I get why they're doing it but sadly I think it's a bad practice for the community becuase it's going to get more and more wide spread until you can only get boots on other sites and I personally would have always use discogs for as a first choice.

Boots are an important part of the community like it or not, and I think it would only make sense for the largest music market place to carry them and I think with the vinyl resurgence I think find the recent crackdown annoying but I 100% get where it's coming from but I'm just find it a bit silly becuase how far is too far, are they gonna block selling of older rare boots a well. (More than likely not but who's to day that wouldn't happen)

But at the end of the day copywrite law

Yea I mean if the copyright owner says "hey you are facilitating the unauthorized resaling of our property we are going to sue you" they really don't have a choice. Even if it is silly. Old ass bootlegs will probably remain untouched because if the property owner hasn't cared for this long they probably won't find out that Kanye's label had a few bootlegs taken down and jump to action.

12 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Yea I mean if the copyright owner says "hey you are facilitating the unauthorized resaling of our property we are going to sue you" they really don't have a choice. Even if it is silly. Old ass bootlegs will probably remain untouched because if the property owner hasn't cared for this long they probably won't find out that Kanye's label had a few bootlegs taken down and jump to action.

Yeah I 100% get it. But in a way it's a catch 22 because in a collectors market and there's a place for bootlegs especially when there's no alternative in site. And discogs isn't selling (one could argue they'll facilitate the sale though but then again it's a collectors market) it people on their marketplace are. One could argue that in a collectors market discogs is just working as a buying and selling platform, and shouldn't been held responsible for what their buyers and sellers do as long as it isn't scamming (giving someone a boot when they thought they were getting an OP) at the same time copywrite when it comes to music is a huge deal so I get why they're doing this. idk to me, it's diffrent than uploading a song and hosting it on mega file becuase it's a physical collectors piece. But I understand big corp doesn't see it that way.

I don't know in my head I feel it's a bit silly becuase to my knowledge these items could easily be sold on ebay, so why is one held responsible and the other not? 

(hopefully I articulated my point well)

Edited by Green Tea Papi