There Will Be Hell Toupée! (The Donald Trump Thread)

On 5/26/2017 at 10:31 AM, Shitty Rambo said:

Well said. In my younger years I had a lot of criticisms about religious people but the older I've gotten the more time I've spent with catholics and christians at work, and it's funny how much we agree upon and open to conversation a lot of these guys are.

Most religions are based upon common moralities, that even if you don't believe in a higher being or religion, you still share those commonalities of being a good person (to yourself; to others; etc).  The danger is when you become drunk on religion (or lack of) to the point that is all you see, and lose sight of those commonalities.  There are a lot of religious people who are truly good people, the same can be said of those who are not religious.  

What started out as an ill-conceived artistic stunt might now cost Katy Griffin one of her biggest jobs. CNN has released a statement denouncing the controversial photo shoot in which Griffin posed with a model of Donald Trump’s bloody severed head, calling it “disgusting and offensive.” The network also said that, despite her apology, they are “evaluating” whether or not Griffin will be back on CNN’s New Year’s Eve show and “have made no decisions at this point.” Griffin has co-hosted that show for ten years with Anderson Cooper, who also strongly criticized the photo. “For the record, I am appalled by the photo shoot Kathy Griffin took part in,” he tweeted. “It is clearly disgusting and completely inappropriate.” In the fallout from the photos, Griffin has already been dropped from an upcoming ad campaign with the toilet stool company Squatty Potty, which called the photos “deeply inappropriate and contrary to the core values our company stands for.” Trump also tweeted that Griffin “should be ashamed of herself.”

Anyway, what the hell is a squatty potty?  Sounds like a crappy product.

8 minutes ago, Mars said:

Anyway, what the hell is a squatty potty?  Sounds like a crappy product.

LOL. it's a device you put in front of your toilet that spreads your ass cheeks further apart so you get less shit on the inside of your ass cheeks you when you take a dump. so it's both a crappy product and a less crappy product at the same time.

also, i'm having a hard time figuring out what the hell squatty potty was thinking with kathy griffin as their spokesperson.

Edited by WAXXX

22 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Neither the Kathy Griffin thing or the covefe or whatever thing fucking matter. Like, at all.

Liberals seriously need to get their shit together.

Weird retribution for the right mocking Obama for the condiments he likes on his hamburgers?

The covefe thing was kind of funny tho.  Right or left, someone with such a huge twitter presence making such a dumb spelling mistake is humorous.  The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think it was a blatant attempt to draw attention away from drawing out of the Paris climate change agreement.

Quick edit to say, obviously the Kathy Griffin thing was over the line.  I'm all about satire, but it should probably be funny.  Or at least not really stupid.

Edited by nancy_raygun

34 minutes ago, nancy_raygun said:

Weird retribution for the right mocking Obama for the condiments he likes on his hamburgers?

The covefe thing was kind of funny tho.  Right or left, someone with such a huge twitter presence making such a dumb spelling mistake is humorous.  The conspiracy theorist in me wants to think it was a blatant attempt to draw attention away from drawing out of the Paris climate change agreement.

Quick edit to say, obviously the Kathy Griffin thing was over the line.  I'm all about satire, but it should probably be funny.  Or at least not really stupid.

The thing about the Kathy Griffin thing is there were people who lynched effigies of Obama. THAT'S over the line. Her thing is about as problematic or over the line as GWAR killing a George W Bush puppet. Unless Trump's ancestors were routinely beheaded its more stupid than offensive. What's offensive is the backpedaling and the liberals falling over themselves trying to condemn it.

Everyone celebrates the guy from Slayer wearing a Kill the Kardashians shirt. I don't get how this is any worse. Both things are dumb as fuck, but who cares?

Trump's typo IS funny, but everyone turned it into some huge thing when it's essentially nothing. Its be funnier if he wasn't destroying our healthcare/education/environment/etc. They're distracting us from something...

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

4 minutes ago, vinyl addict said:

I can only imagine how that Griffin deal would have gone over if it was Obama's head.

Within the last century it was common for black people to be murdered for literally no reason and no one was punished. 

So yeah, I would also make your post if I willfully ignored context.

2 minutes ago, jhulud said:

I guess how quickly people forgot good ol' Ted Nugent going off on saying that Obama and Hilary should've been hung for their "crimes".

Sure. There's no double standard at all. 

In the sake of complete honesty and transparency...if someone ever shoots Ted Nugent I'll probably have to call out of work because I can't stop laughing.

I guess it's relevant that some snowflake vandalised my car today by writing "Fuck you too" next to my "Fuck Trump" sticker on my window.

28 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I don't feel like backreading but I'm gonna hope you weren't one of the people going on about "private property!" when there were violent anti-Trump protests...

Those were 'anti-letting someone who you don't agree with freely talk' protests, and I don't think @vinyl addict was backing my super ridiculous concept of not being down with petty assholes destroying shit other people worked their asses off to build/buy/own.

Sucks when people fuck with your shit because their emotions get the best of them, huh? Good thing they didn't put a brick through your window or sucker punch you when you're not looking.