[PO Now] Aaron Gillespie - Out of the Badlands (8/19/16)

New album from Aaron.

http://www.aarongillespie.com/#top

http://aarongillespie.merchnow.com/

New song:

?format=1000w

Tracklist:

1. A Boy Brushed Red Living In Black And White
2. Can't Make You Love Me
3. No I Don't
4. Raspberry Layer Cake
5. Reinventing Your Exit
6. Say This Sooner
7. Southern Weather
8. Where The Streets Have No Name
9. The Fox
10. You Don't Love Me Anymore

Really digging the new track and excited to hear the acoustic underoath songs in a studio setting.

Press release from Tooth & Nail regarding the release:

http://www.toothandnail.com/news/4754/Aaron_Gillespie_Announces_Solo_Acoustic_Album/

Edited by zacooper

Nice! I was able to order his live show LP (or at least get a voucher) he did a while back. But I do prefer studio to live (at least format wise) so this will be great!

Think I've heard this song already... don't really like the country influence. But I'm not too worried about the album overall though.

1 hour ago, justin_cole12 said:

Honestly I think that track is god awful. I have been wondering though about those rumors that he's getting a divorce. Really sad if so.

I like the song personally. Has a nice laid back vibe to it. Lyrics seem honest and like he's working through all the emotions. Stoked to get to hear the underoath songs too.

What is it about the song you don't like?

Edited by zacooper

6 hours ago, No This Is Patrick said:

Nice! I was able to order his live show LP (or at least get a voucher) he did a while back. But I do prefer studio to live (at least format wise) so this will be great!

Think I've heard this song already... don't really like the country influence. But I'm not too worried about the album overall though.

Any chance you have MP3's of this show? I can't find a place to buy them and I really want to hear "Reinventing Your Exit" because he crushes that live.

2 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

Any chance you have MP3's of this show? I can't find a place to buy them and I really want to hear "Reinventing Your Exit" because he crushes that live.

They haven't sent anything. Shoot, I don't even know the setlist. I'll hit you up later if you are still interested and I get any updates.

18 hours ago, zacooper said:

I like the song personally. Has a nice laid back vibe to it. Lyrics seem honest and like he's working through all the emotions. Stoked to get to hear the underoath songs too.

What is it about the song you don't like?

I think the vocals sound really bad. Like he can't decide where he wants to take the song with his voice and it's sort of crappy sounding. Not sure I'm liking the lyrics either. Not saying that no one else should like it that's for sure but I probably won't listen to it again. I am excited to here those reworks though.

2 hours ago, justin_cole12 said:

I think the vocals sound really bad. Like he can't decide where he wants to take the song with his voice and it's sort of crappy sounding. Not sure I'm liking the lyrics either. Not saying that no one else should like it that's for sure but I probably won't listen to it again. I am excited to here those reworks though.

I'm with you. The vocals are like nails on a chalk board to me... I don't know why... none of his other stuff has given me that vibe!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On June 22, 2016 at 0:42 PM, No This Is Patrick said:

I signed up for the voucher as well and I haven't heard anything about the vinyl pressing from that show. Have you? 

4 hours ago, drawcody said:

I signed up for the voucher as well and I haven't heard anything about the vinyl pressing from that show. Have you? 

Nope. Nothing yet. I'm not in a huge rush about it... I might drop an email (or you if you want) and ask. They were really helpful when I was asking about ordering the voucher and stuff.

Compared to my earlier comment... I'm not entirely into this album. It's not bad by any means! Just the overall style, it sounds too country-ish for my tastes. Don't know what I was expecting since I listened to the preview songs Raspberry, the Bonnie Rait cover, and this last single... but was maybe just hoping for an acoustic "cover" album? May pick this up eventually, but not on the top of my list right now.