Mike Vennart Thread (Vennart / Oceansize / British Theatre)

So, there is no info yet but on Facebook, Oceansize just posted a picture a few hours ago of some of the guys in front of Abbey Road Studios with the caption " Today's the day we remaster Effloresce for vinyl.... Sounds fucking delicious xxx "

This is such great news.  More info to come hopefully!

Edited by Gumbo72203

53 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

That is amazing! I really hope they press up more Frames LP's too. I managed to score one when they first came out like 3 years ago but that album should be readily available as well. Also more Everyone Into Position.

I love my red copy of Frames!

cant wait for this :wub:

15 minutes ago, EHughes527 said:

Phew! Grabbed my wallet upon seeing this post.

Glad I've got some more heads up on this one...

Don't worry man.  I'm following this shit on every social media channel I can.  Hell, even Arkive hit me up on Facebook to let me know the remastering process was about to start!

I listened to Frames last year, really liked it, then got distracted with other artists and completely forgot about it. On that note, I'm glad this is happening because it's a reminder and an excuse to listen to it again & go through the rest of their discog. 

Also, I think "Commemorative 9/11 T-Shirt" is one of the best song names I've ever heard.

3 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I listened to Frames last year, really liked it, then got distracted with other artists and completely forgot about it. On that note, I'm glad this is happening because it's a reminder and an excuse to listen to it again & go through the rest of their discog. 

Also, I think "Commemorative 9/11 T-Shirt" is one of the best song names I've ever heard.

I'm envious that you get to listen to any Oceansize for the first time. 

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

Should I do this one first (second?) or would another one of their records be a better pick?

I always tell people to start (most any discography) at the beginning.  But yeah, there's no need to wait any longer with Effloresce.  After you hit that one, don't forget the b-sides and earlier jams like I Haven't Been... The Claw for Ages, Ebb, and Relapse.  Then just go right into the Music for Nurses EP.

1 hour ago, DOMAN127 said:

Should I do this one first (second?) or would another one of their records be a better pick?

I don't think you can go wrong with any of their records.  I found out about them after frames came out, and I started with that record.  Then I went backwards.  Every single one of their records has uniquely written and crafted material that stands on its own.  I agree that the last record was not as good as previous material, but there are a few gems.  Their records take quite awhile to fully digest (which I love), yet are immediately likeable.  Thus far I have found my favorite to be everyone into position.

13 hours ago, Sasan said:

I love my red copy of Frames!

cant wait for this :wub:

A fellow /100 owner of the red checking in :D

Effloresce has been on my wishlist since I started buying vinyl and I just listened to this in its entirety yesterday for the first time in a long time. Still a great album! No brainer purchase for me.

8 hours ago, highfives said:

What?!  There are so many awesome songs on that album.   Superimposer,  Build Us a Rocket, Pine, Its My Tail, and especially Silent/Transparent.  Fuck, S/T is as quality as any song on any of their records.

Music is such a subjective thing... ;)

Love how many oceansize fellows we have here. Didn't know there were so many in here!

A shame they disbanded 

I had tickets to see them in Manchester - flights booked and everything. They cancelled the tour at the last minute due to the drummer having a cyst on his arm. They disbanded soon after and I never got to see them live. :(  Can't complain about their reasons, but that was properly gutting. The only consolation was seeing The Antlers in Dublin instead on the same weekend when they were touring "Hospice" (which has gone on to become one of my favourite albums of all time).

Edited by Burkazoid

15 hours ago, highfives said:

What?!  There are so many awesome songs on that album.   Superimposer,  Build Us a Rocket, Pine, Its My Tail, and especially Silent/Transparent.  Fuck, S/T is as quality as any song on any of their records.

Yeah I think Silent/Transparent is one of the best things they ever wrote, but as a whole... I think the album is a little under par for them.