53 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Statistically, I've had to punch a dude once a decade. I'll probably be ok. Also, I see your point and a dude walking around punching girls at a hardcore show is a prime candidate for that.

BUT I had 4 people on their way to drag him outside as soon as they saw him punch me. I was just faster so they stopped to see what he'd do, but he wouldn't have gotten to me again if he had tried. Violence is stupid and so am I...just not THAT stupid.

Word. Just be careful out there!

I generally am and I'm generally anti-violence. Sometimes someone just needs a punch in the face. Not an asskicking, just a punch. My girlfriend has a GIANT bruise on her arm because that guy went to punch a girl who was moshing, who couldn't see him, so she jumped in and blocked the blow. My girlfriend was really close really intervening with his bullshit...but she probably would've gotten the show shut down....which would have been bad. I love going to shows with her because even when she's not a fan of the music she ends up running the pit. She's like "Fucking kids these days don't know shit, I better get in there." So between the two of us the pit is held down by two tiny weirdos. My ex hated going to shows if there was moshing. Then she'd get mad that I would leave her to have fun.

In other news I just ordered my first record of the year! The Body - I Shall Die Here. I was broke when it came out and then completely forgot about it. Randomly listened to it the other day and its so fucking good so I ordered it immediately. Now I need to pick up a pink copy of No One Deserves Happiness.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

This has been the longest week ever. I feel a ton better, but fuck is my body week from not eating. Hopefully I improve a lot more tomorrow, since work will suck otherwise. I don't want to watch TV or look a computer screen for a long time. 

are your eyes hurting from looking at the screen for too long?  I get really bad migraines if i'm on the computer too long but I bought these cool glasses that help with eye strain. 

1 hour ago, tarzioo_ said:

are your eyes hurting from looking at the screen for too long?  I get really bad migraines if i'm on the computer too long but I bought these cool glasses that help with eye strain. 

My goal for this year is to go get new glasses.  I'm starting to get headaches towards the end of the evening and I think it's probably due to too much screen time and eye strain.

14 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

My goal for this year is to go get new glasses.  I'm starting to get headaches towards the end of the evening and I think it's probably due to too much screen time and eye strain.

I bought my glasses from Felix Gray and they were about $100. The big downside is they don't offer prescription yet but since I'm near sided, it's not a problem.  Charlie has a different brand but I don't remember where he said he got them. 

They do make a big difference if you're on the computer a lot.

10 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Same here. I have needed new ones for a while, probably 3 years or more since my last eye exam, but they somehow keep getting pushed back in priority. My prescription hasn't changed that much honestly, but the anti reflective is pealing in 3 places on my left lens so I constantly think they are dirty on one side :( 

12 minutes ago, jonrawks said:

I'm going on like 8 years on this prescription, been through a few pairs of glasses.  It's only become an issue in the last 3-4 months, but it's becoming more frequent.  I've just been lazy about it since it's not something I think of until the headache shows up :mellow:

My mother has worn glasses since she was a child, and just last year had to have corrective eye surgery where they implanted permenant contact lenses and had two cataracts removed. Now she can see a mile away, but has to STILL wear reading glasses to see up close when she had perfectly clear up close vision before the surgery.. and all for only $12k...smdh

Edited by GreatGreenOne77

13 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

I usually don't get eye strain, usually on happens when it's a really long day of it. I've done nothing but watch TV and youtube for a week now, so I just don't want to look at anything. This is annoying though. I feel a ton better, but I'm still super weak. Standing for even a few minutes makes me dizzy, and sitting up is not much better. My hands shake when I hold shit, and yesterday I could not open a container of soup. Returning to work tomorrow is going to be fun! Hopefully I don't crash and die on my way in, since driving is still a bit shaky. I've never had an illness make me feel this weak (that I can remember anyway), and I had pneumonia as a child.

5 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

I usually don't get eye strain, usually on happens when it's a really long day of it. I've done nothing but watch TV and youtube for a week now, so I just don't want to look at anything. This is annoying though. I feel a ton better, but I'm still super weak. Standing for even a few minutes makes me dizzy, and sitting up is not much better. My hands shake when I hold shit, and yesterday I could not open a container of soup. Returning to work tomorrow is going to be fun! Hopefully I don't crash and die on my way in, since driving is still a bit shaky. I've never had an illness make me feel this weak (that I can remember anyway), and I had pneumonia as a child.

Are you having trouble holding food down to help give you energy as well? I hope you feel better soon T! Not cool thinking about you getting hurt driving because of this sickness :( 

On 14/01/2017 at 11:33 AM, Dave Grohl said:

Dude, I slept on and off all day, then slept for fifteen hours last night. I'm a new man. Cold ain't keepin' me down. The lady and I are exploring Hamstead this afternoon. And by the way, we'll have Thursday - Sunday off, so we should get together for pints.

Ah awesome - that's good news! I've been away to last few days, that sounds good to me. Only day I can't do is Friday. I'll hit you up on text and we can arrange something.

3 hours ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Are you having trouble holding food down to help give you energy as well? I hope you feel better soon T! Not cool thinking about you getting hurt driving because of this sickness :( 

I didn't eat for 4 days, but I'm eating now. Probably why I'm so weak. I feel a lot better than I did this morning, so hopefully tomorrow will be good.

I lost almost 10 pounds.

8 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

I didn't eat for 4 days, but I'm eating now. Probably why I'm so weak. I feel a lot better than I did this morning, so hopefully tomorrow will be good.

I lost almost 10 pounds.

I got the flu in high school and lost 10lbs and almost died. That was fun.

When I'm the level of sick where I can't eat, I keep a sleeve of salteens by me and try to choke a couple down every once in awhile.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

9 hours ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I got the flu in high school and lost 10lbs and almost died. That was fun.

When I'm the level of sick where I can't eat, I keep a sleeve of salteens by me and try to choke a couple down every once in awhile.

That's never good. Thankfully I could lose it, and a bit more. I did eat a few salteens a day, but they don't count for much.

Back to work and already hate it. Driving made me dizzy, but not too bad, so that might be part of it. And of course now that I feel better, the cigarette cravings are kicking in. No nicotine for a week already body, get over it!

21 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

That's never good. Thankfully I could lose it, and a bit more. I did eat a few salteens a day, but they don't count for much.

Back to work and already hate it. Driving made me dizzy, but not too bad, so that might be part of it. And of course now that I feel better, the cigarette cravings are kicking in. No nicotine for a week already body, get over it!

Keep it up T cubed. Once you get past the DTs, you'll be fine

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic