4 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, I follow both too. They certainly do booze it up. Weird Brandon did not go to Japan with them though. I imagine they need a break after touring so damn much (unless Nicky just went early, since I think the tour starts in a few days there).

Yeah, seems like they were on the road all of last year and I keep seeing new dates announced for this year.  Somehow Brandon found time to do another Night Sins LP too.

We've had the Amazon Echo for over a year and we just got an Echo Dot so we have full coverage in the apartment. 90% of our lights are smart bulbs so now no matter where we are in the apartment one of the Echos will hear us and we can control the lights. Light switches are for suckers.

We use "echo" as the wake word instead of "Alexa" so sometimes random shit makes it wake up. Especially shit on TV.  But when it wakes up and listens, it uploads the audio too the cloud and you can go and listen. We were going through and listening for weird shit. A lot of TV shows/movies and us saying weird shit to the cats. We clicked on one and it was us having sex and we almost died laughing.

There were like 10 clips of me watching the new Gilmore Girls and my girlfriend was like "What the fuck is this shit?" and I had to admit to binging through all like 7 hours of the new season while she was at work. Alexa be snitchin'

39 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I would have never guess you'd have one of those! I don't know why but it seems like that data collection would be something you would be against. I dunno.

Im not passing judgement. Just remarking. 

I'm super against it, I don't know that I'd ever think Kevin would be though.

1 hour ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

I would have never guess you'd have one of those! I don't know why but it seems like that data collection would be something you would be against. I dunno.

Im not passing judgement. Just remarking. 

Eh, there's bigger data collection things to worry about than Amazon trying to figure out what to try to sell me. I'm sure the government could read all my texts and shit if they felt like it, but why would they?

Amazon has already had law enforcement request data from their cloud and been like "No" so I'm not worried about the 5 second clips of me saying "Turn off kitchen" and "Set living room to movie mode"

Also, we have voice purchasing turned off because that seems like a terrible idea.

Edited by Bladewillisisdead

Just now, GHOSTDRONES said:

Smart electronic anything is a data nightmare. 

Securing the home appliances is actually impossible.  

I'm not a big fan of 'smart' anything.  I'm planning to buy a new TV sometime this year and have no interest in connecting it to the internet.  At least with a computer, I have control over it.  In theory, you could do some aggressive traffic filtering / monitoring on your smart devices and restrict it a lot.  But that's too much work :)

5 hours ago, jonrawks said:

I'm not a big fan of 'smart' anything.  I'm planning to buy a new TV sometime this year and have no interest in connecting it to the internet.  At least with a computer, I have control over it.  In theory, you could do some aggressive traffic filtering / monitoring on your smart devices and restrict it a lot.  But that's too much work :)

It is just too creepy

5 hours ago, jonrawks said:

Lost power here for a few hours.  Not the end of the world and I had enough laptop charge to watch stuff until it kicked back on.  That happens about once every year or so, but I'm always amazed at how it happens on a day off.

Maybe happens on workdays and you just aren't around to see it haha

8 hours ago, burkyburk said:

Awesome! I love that place. If you like beer check out The Beer Shop. My buddies Lee and Lauren own it and have great local beer options! Have a great time.

That's awesome. I've been there once with some friends but it's a little far south for 'dropping in'. Will have to make efforts to get there again.

52 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Morning everyone. My anxiety is acting up again this morning. I was fine all weekend, so must be work stress causing it since it only happens on my way in. Really annoying. It's also going to be in the 30's today! No more subzeros temps, which is really nice.

It's like 4 degrees here :(

Anxiety is the worst, I'm sorry dude. I had really bad anxiety yesterday because we had to stop at the mall. Haven't had crowd induced anxiety in awhile, so that was weird. I usually take a tiny bowl hit before we go to the mall though. I didn't yesterday so apparently that helps more than I thought.

It really is. I've been off meds for about 6 months now, because I want to try it on my own. Was doing great until Friday. I heard good and bad things about weed and anxiety, but I have not smoked any since before my issues started. Oddly enough, cigarettes help a lot of the time, but sometimes make it worse.

It's been an annoying winter, too many up and down days. 13-14 all week, and will be in the 60's Thursday.

Edited by Thomas³

Weed can make anxiety WAY worse or a lot better. It's weird. Has a lot to do with the strain, how much you smoke, and who you are as a person. It'll be a lot easier when (well now with the new administration... IF) it's legalized because you'll easily be able to obtain specific strains for specific purposes.

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

Weed can make anxiety WAY worse or a lot better. It's weird. Has a lot to do with the strain, how much you smoke, and who you are as a person. It'll be a lot easier when (well now with the new administration... IF) it's legalized because you'll easily be able to obtain specific strains for specific purposes.

We can hope, since I wouldn't mind doing it again. Our medical marijuana laws are weird here, if they ever go into effect. No smoking, only oils and consumables. Full legalization would be awesome, but I'm sure pharmaceuticals will do everything to block it, like they have for years.

Edited by Thomas³

11 hours ago, GHOSTDRONES said:

Haha got you... I actually figured that you worked from home a bunch 

I do at least once a week and do a lot of at home for first half, office for second half.  One of my favorite perks.

12 hours ago, Dave Grohl said:

I leave for London is 12 hours. Holy shit...

I'm very jealous!  My friends that I travel with and I are planning on London (and more of Europe) in the summer.  That'll be our meeting city.

Applied for a job last night, and they sent me the application this morning. Job didn't say anything about programming, but one of the application challenges is to write a script to "Open the File (CSV), Calculate the total number of calls (number of rows excluding the header), Calculate the total billed amount, Calculate the total billed call duration, Display the summary data in the terminal window, or write the summary data to a file". My knowledge of scripting is nothing anymore :( . Sounded like a challenging job too.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic