hello hello.  so i got the job i had applied for last week!!!!!!!  Pretty nervous about it since I start in a few weeks and I need to relocate. But maybe this will be a good thing. It's 12 weeks as an intern and if i do well, it's very possible I could be offered a fulltime spot.  i am very very very nervous. 

1 minute ago, tarzioo_ said:

hello hello.  so i got the job i had applied for last week!!!!!!!  Pretty nervous about it since I start in a few weeks and I need to relocate. But maybe this will be a good thing. It's 12 weeks as an intern and if i do well, it's very possible I could be offered a fulltime spot.  i am very very very nervous. 

Congrats Tina!!! You'll do great.

I was honestly too shocked and confused to do anything. I had to really rip my arm out of her grip too.

Her response was to violently tap her watch and say "I have somewhere to be!" A good pro tip in life: if you NEED to be somewhere on a Sunday afternoon, don't do something at a grocery store that requires taking a number ticket.

2 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

That's awesome!

1 minute ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

I was honestly too shocked and confused to do anything. I had to really rip my arm out of her grip too.

Her response was to violently tap her watch and say "I have somewhere to be!" A good pro tip in life: if you NEED to be somewhere on a Sunday afternoon, don't do something at a grocery store that requires taking a number ticket.

Or go to a grocery store on a Sunday. It's always a mad house no matter what time it is.

Edited by Thomas³

5 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

Congrats!!

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Congrats Tina!!! You'll do great.

2 minutes ago, Bladewillisisdead said:

That's awesome!

thanks!

i'm so excited!! I'm not sure what team I'll be on. They had interviewed me for the Cortana group which is Microsoft's version of Amazon Alexa and I would be pretty excited for that. They also have a spot on the Bing search engine. They didn't say anything about XBOX but i'd be down for that.    in any case, i can finally just relax for a bit.  being unemployed is one of the worst experiences.

10 minutes ago, tarzioo_ said:

thanks!

i'm so excited!! I'm not sure what team I'll be on. They had interviewed me for the Cortana group which is Microsoft's version of Amazon Alexa and I would be pretty excited for that. They also have a spot on the Bing search engine. They didn't say anything about XBOX but i'd be down for that.    in any case, i can finally just relax for a bit.  being unemployed is one of the worst experiences.

That sounds awesome.

2 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

Go Taraneh!

Well. I've finally got pretty much all of my records transferred over to discogs!I think I have another stack of 45s to go through, but I'm not really feeling like doing it.

I also have a fat stack of weird foreign records that I can't find any info on in discogs, so that's a bummer.

For those interested

6 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

Well. I've finally got pretty much all of my records transferred over to discogs!I think I have another stack of 45s to go through, but I'm not really feeling like doing it.

I also have a fat stack of weird foreign records that I can't find any info on in discogs, so that's a bummer.

For those interested

A 1000 record must have taken forever to switch over. I feel like it took forever when I did 350 a year or so ago.

Nice, that Anatomy of a Ghost album is sooo good. Crazy to think that's John from Portugal. The Man when you listen to it.

Edited by Thomas³

2 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

A 1000 record must have taken forever to switch over. I feel like it took forever when I did 350 a year or so ago.

Nice, that Anatomy of a Ghost album is sooo good. Crazy to think that's John from Portugal. The Man when you listen to it.

It was awful.

Glad it's done now though. :) Good for insurance purposes at the very least.

Just now, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

It was awful.

Glad it's done now though. :) Good for insurance purposes at the very least.

Yeah, that's one reason I did it too. Hopefully that's enough if need be, and I don't have to have individual pictures of every single record if something does happen.

3 minutes ago, Thomas³ said:

Yeah, that's one reason I did it too. Hopefully that's enough if need be, and I don't have to have individual pictures of every single record if something does happen.

Right? My dad said you should at least take a picture of the collection as a whole to show an approximation that you at least had that many albums.

Good call. I have a few, but they were from when I first moved in so my collection was a lot smaller. Better get that updated.

I do have pictures of all my prints though, since they are all like $100+ (more framed). I have like $4k in prints that I would not want to lose, since they'd be impossible to get back without paying crazy prices.

Edited by Thomas³

Good call. I have a few, but they were from when I first moved in so my collection was a lot smaller. Better get that updated.

I do have pictures of all my prints though, since they are all like $100+ (more framed). I have like $4k in prints that I would not want to lose, since they'd be impossible to get back without paying crazy prices.

I still need to get some prints framed up. The two Sleep ones I have go for a pretty penny at this point.

Framing is so expensive, even when you do it yourself. It's worth it though. I love framing stuff though, it can be a lot of fun.

I'd like to get a couple of my prints actually up on the wall at some point :blink:

I half-assed one of them so it's up, but I should really just get stuff together and frame the Sleep and Black Sabbath prints. Ry really hates the Sabbath one though. Says it looks like something from a college dorm room. I mean...she's not wrong, but I still like it.

3 minutes ago, The Ghost of Randy Savage said:

I'd like to get a couple of my prints actually up on the wall at some point :blink:

I half-assed one of them so it's up, but I should really just get stuff together and frame the Sleep and Black Sabbath prints. Ry really hates the Sabbath one though. Says it looks like something from a college dorm room. I mean...she's not wrong, but I still like it.

Haha, hey if you like it and it's not in your living room, then go for it.

1 minute ago, jonrawks said:

I just have some cheap-ish frames off of Amazon.  Nothing special by any means, but it looks so much better than just having stuff on the walls.  Once step above dorm room :)

I do cheap frames for cheap prints, but my $250+ prints are all properly done. I have one print that the frame job was about 3 times the print, but well worth it.

4 hours ago, Thomas³ said:

WTF? Why should something think it's ok to just grab someone like that? I'd have flipped shit on her.

Not sure if Ryan has this problem, but people here will straight up try to grab my arms to look at my tattoos while I am in public. I can appreciate someone being interested and questioning is always gonna happen, but I fucking hate random strangers trying to touch my arms to get a better look. A friend warned me about that before I ever had work done on my arms and I didn't believe him to the extent it really happens. 

3 hours ago, tarzioo_ said:

Congratulations!!! So exciting! :D You're going to kick all the butt

11 minutes ago, chkadea said:

Congratulations!!! So exciting! :D You're going to kick all the butt

thanks!

2 minutes ago, BuzzersonKillwell said:

Are you relocating to Seattle?

yeah. The job is in Redmond but I feel I might find cheaper housing in Seattle. I think the commute is just about 17 min?  I am totally cool with commuting if I can save money on rent and they said we get free transportation so that's awesome too.  

28 minutes ago, GreatGreenOne77 said:

Not sure if Ryan has this problem, but people here will straight up try to grab my arms to look at my tattoos while I am in public. I can appreciate someone being interested and questioning is always gonna happen, but I fucking hate random strangers trying to touch my arms to get a better look. A friend warned me about that before I ever had work done on my arms and I didn't believe him to the extent it really happens. 

I was also warned and didn't believe it until it happened.  It's incredibly creepy.

• Shitty Rambo changed the title to Small Talk Revival Thread
  • jhulud locked this topic