shit people say that you can't stand

I get pissed off about this too, usually because when someone's creaming over a show or a movie or something, they tend to tell you the coolest bits so then I find myself watching said show just waiting for the stuff to happen, not really paying attention. That said, I totally missed the bus on Breaking Bad and I binged on that for a couple of weeks and finished it last Sunday.

Crayons totally should be a 2 syllable word, shouldn't it? Otherwise it's... "crayns"? Or is this another of those things like when "mirror" is pronounced "meeeer"?

I agree. I work and live in the southeast and all the old guys down here when talking about, say, an error that the 2nd baseman made, say, "Air-rah." Get's on mah nerves. But then again I'm sure I say shit wrong, too.

I agree. I work and live in the southeast and all the old guys down here when talking about, say, an error that the 2nd baseman made, say, "Air-rah." Get's on mah nerves. But then again I'm sure I say shit wrong, too.

I'm in the UK so the differences between US accents are mostly lost on me. I kind of acknowledge the two-syllable-word-being-pronounced-as-one though (see mirror - "meeer" above) When I was in Portland I noticed people tend to say Oregon as "ORE-gon", instead of "Or-eh-gon", like I would.

One thing I say that irks a lot of people (outside my home town) is "comb" but pronounced "cooom". My justification is that other words ending in "-omb" are pronounced in a similar way... "tomb", "womb", etc.

I'm in the UK so the differences between US accents are mostly lost on me. I kind of acknowledge the two-syllable-word-being-pronounced-as-one though (see mirror - "meeer" above) When I was in Portland I noticed people tend to say Oregon as "ORE-gon", instead of "Or-eh-gon", like I would.

One thing I say that irks a lot of people (outside my home town) is "comb" but pronounced "cooom". My justification is that other words ending in "-omb" are pronounced in a similar way... "tomb", "womb", etc.

The Oregon thing is weird. Everyone I've met here makes sure people know to say it with a "gun" sound at the end instead of "gone"

People saying random comments about your appearance.

"Hey, your hair looks weird today"

"What happened there?" (regarding any kind of spot in your face)

"Wow haven't you shaved for a while?"

I mean, why.

My friend is always asking "what's up with your hair today". It's so irritating. But in his defense It's usually a mess or I have cardboard or something in it. But still, it makes me self conscious.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone..

If we are going to speak about things that you can't stand that people say it makes me think of the kind of people who gets thrilled and excited over talking about drug-movies, thats maybe cool, I mean talking about the movie itself, but instead they start talk about the drugs and drugs in general,and thats the kind of reason they got into that kind of movie in the first place, what I'm trying to say I'm not a 'drug-guy' but I whoever is a big 'movie-guy'

I once got to see a Ching and Chong movie at my friends place once, and it's not that I'm close minded I did see the movie for what it was, and I remembering it being really bad, probably worse than i can remembering it to be, in fact when I start thinking about it, and it's a true story my friend saw me looking at it.

Too often I've heard stuff like "He's got nice legs" (WTF?), "Oh, he's cute", "What a sexy player", etc during football matches...especially recently with the World Cup! I hate these senseless comments from people who don't give a fuck about football at all and then start to be a fan of a certain team during the World Cup because "they're so cute" or have a player "who is soooo sexy"...

Too often I've heard stuff like "He's got nice legs" (WTF?), "Oh, he's cute", "What a sexy player", etc during football matches...especially recently with the World Cup! I hate these senseless comments from people who don't give a fuck about football at all and then start to be a fan of a certain team during the World Cup because "they're so cute" or have a player "who is soooo sexy"...

And two months later they won't care about any national league.