PO: Emma Ruth Rundle - Some Heavy Ocean

Definitely here. I've never seen that in any other photo of her though. Weird. Its almost like someone photoshopped Joni's smile into this picture. One of those promo photos for Some Heavy Ocean sees her sort of resembling Toni Collete. She never looks the same way in any photo I've seen of her.

She never looks the same way in any photo I've seen of her.

^ This, but in all photos she is absolutely gorgeous.

This record is fantastic, and my blue copy sounds great.  She's going to be touring with Buzzo, and coming through c-bus, so I'm stoked to see her perform these songs.

Oof, that is not supposed to bend that way. Anyone else have an issue? It's weird because the packaging and everything was fine...hope I'm still able to get another blue.

s0wjapz.jpg?3

oof is right sick.gif  mine's ok, sounds good, album is great. The re-do's of Shadows... and Oh Sarah are v. good -- my ears are still accustomed to the glass room versions.

Dang. That's a bad warp. A replacement might be a long shot though seeing as it's sold out. Hopefully you can get some reimbursement though. Especially strange if the packaging was in good shape.

You should look into ways of re-straightening, just in case. I think if it's warped that much, it might actually be possible to fix it. There were some shady methods I found once when looking for it that involved two glass panes and an oven. Let's just say I left it at that since it wasn't too bad of a warp and really affected the begginning of a track but there might be some viable methods. Leaving it under weights . I think I read somewhere about someone having a warped vinyl after leaving a record in the car during a really hot period. Temperature and adequate weight pressures will definitely do the trick, you'll just have to make certain that you're willing to risk it being totally unplayable later. I guess it's unplayable at this point anyway so it might not be too bad of an experiment.

Dang. That's a bad warp. A replacement might be a long shot though seeing as it's sold out. Hopefully you can get some reimbursement though. Especially strange if the packaging was in good shape.

Some labels hold back X copies to use as replacements when this stuff happens.  Not sure if Sargent House does, but I'd be kind of surprised if they didn't.  Bummer that happened though.

For the serious ERR fans, I had forgotten about this very candid interview she did with Flab magazine last summer I think. Not a big fan of Maria, but whatever ....(She also interviewed Cathy Pellow at Sargent House, which is a good listen as well).

It is about the music of course, gets into the lyrics, which then REALLY gets into ERR's personal life -she has Bipolar disorder, but is fairly well stabilized on meds. In case you don't know, Bipolar destroys a lot of people through various means.  She gives a very serious, straightforward interview. Very intelligent, insightful woman - with much creative energy and talent as well. She talks about what the "Black Dog" is in "Ride In My Place" on Kitsune, which shows up again on her solo work.  I 've listened to it twice, though it's been a while. I'll shut up now.

http://flabmag.com/tag/emma-ruth-rundle/

For the serious ERR fans, I had forgotten about this very candid interview she did with Flab magazine last summer I think. Not a big fan of Maria, but whatever ....(She also interviewed Cathy Pellow at Sargent House, which is a good listen as well).

It is about the music of course, gets into the lyrics, which then REALLY gets into ERR's personal life -she has Bipolar disorder, but is fairly well stabilized on meds. In case you don't know, Bipolar destroys a lot of people through various means.  She gives a very serious, straightforward interview. Very intelligent, insightful woman - with much creative energy and talent as well. She talks about what the "Black Dog" is in "Ride In My Place" on Kitsune, which shows up again on her solo work.  I 've listened to it twice, though it's been a while. I'll shut up now.

http://flabmag.com/tag/emma-ruth-rundle/

Thanks so much for sharing.  I love Emma's work, and it was great to hear her speak candidly about everything.  Yeah, Maria is annoying, but I enjoyed listening.

• 4 weeks later...

for those of you looking for Electric Guitar One, Sargent House just repressed it.  New topic here:

http://boards.vinylcollective.com/topic/103138-emma-ruth-rundle-electric-guitar-one-repress/

Hopefully they do the Nocturnes releases as well.

You can still grab the white Aokigahara off her personal website for $15

Really surprised that they repressed Electric Guitar One. I'm glad I got the first pressing back when she still had some to sell through her blog.

Waiting for Part Two now...

I'm guessing that they repressed Electric Guitar One since Sargent House is going to put out Electric Guitar Two.  Cathy probably wanted to keep the whole line under the Sargent House name.

• 2 weeks later...

saw her last night. she's playing a mix of her solo stuff, marriages, and the nocturnes. her merch table has a handful of her artwork, the shirts that are on hello merch, electric guitar I on red, ocean on black, the nocturnes record on white, and marriages on orange.

nice.  I'm seeing her tomorrow night.  Can't wait.  I'm really glad to hear that she is mixing in songs from her other projects.  I'm set for all her records, but I'm interested in checking out what artwork she has with her.

• 3 weeks later...

saw her last night. she's playing a mix of her solo stuff, marriages, and the nocturnes. her merch table has a handful of her artwork, the shirts that are on hello merch, electric guitar I on red, ocean on black, the nocturnes record on white, and marriages on orange.

Stoked to hear this, she's opening up for King Buzzo at the venue I work for next week...and she's loves the venue. The last two times she's come through (with Marriages) were awesome, I'll be stoked to see her play to a sold-out audience of almost certainly fresh ears