PO Soon : MOGWAI - Come On Die Young 4 LP Box Set

Every moment truly was incredible. And without a doubt the highlight of the whole performance for me was Helicon pt 1. There's no way to describe the way the bass resonated in that venue and how it complete blanketed my entire existence.

And to the person attending the Miami show, there is no way to prepare for the amazing experience you're about to have. You're gonna enjoy it so much!

Do Stuart and Dominic always switch instruments for Helicon or was that just a random thing? The Helicon 1 bassline is probably still my favorite thing in the world. Glad you made it dude.

Do Stuart and Dominic always switch instruments for Helicon or was that just a random thing? The Helicon 1 bassline is probably still my favorite thing in the world. Glad you made it dude.

Yeah, they always switch instruments on Helicon 1. I'm assuming it's because Stuart wrote it.

And Stuart always sits down when they play Helicon 1.

Yeah, they always switch instruments on Helicon 1. I'm assuming it's because Stuart wrote it.

And Stuart always sits down when they play Helicon 1.

Awesome. My favorite live band experience easily is them playing that.

Every moment truly was incredible. And without a doubt the highlight of the whole performance for me was Helicon pt 1. There's no way to describe the way the bass resonated in that venue and how it complete blanketed my entire existence.

And to the person attending the Miami show, there is no way to prepare for the amazing experience you're about to have. You're gonna enjoy it so much!

You mentioned you grabbed Rave Tapes at the show. Were there any other records for sale at the merch stand? 

Awesome. My favorite live band experience easily is them playing that.

Helicon 1 was the first single I bought from them back in '97. Just bought it blindly without hearing them (this was pre-mp3/YouTube days, obviously). I just liked the single cover and their name. Whenever I hear them play it live, it still brings me to tears.

just 'rave tapes' and 'hardcore will never die'

both were $20

Actually they're sold out of Hardcore, I believe. They never put any out. They had Earth Division though. And surprisingly I bought the display copy of rave tapes and they didn't have any more in the venue so I really think they didn't bring many records to the states with them.

And yeah, Stuart sitting down with that bass for Helicon was such a wonderful thing to experience. That finger picking he does just filled the room so gently and yet simultaneously powerful.

So this thing is going up sometime in the next 36 hours, assuming everything is on track.  I got to thinking about the prospect of a "group buy" earlier today, and checked out the Chemikal Underground webstore.  Assuming that's where they'll be sold, there is literally zero savings for adding multiple items to your cart – the shipping fees just double, triple, quadruple, etc. respectively.  Just felt like mentioning that to anyone who may be interested.  I'm really hoping this thing is close to $80 or so, tops.

Between the cake box set, RSD, and my mattress breaking (???) my wallet is hurting bad. I had hoped this thing would hold off a couple more weeks before being released. Le sigh.

I know that feeling all too well.  I've been rationing Chinese takeout and pinching pennies after getting slammed with my outrageous parking violation from a couple weeks back.  It couldn't have come at a worse time, but this thing has been on my radar for far too long.  Realistically, there probably won't be a convenient time to drop $80 - $100 for me, ever, which is why I'm glad this is just finally happening.  Time to get this over with, and finally hold this thing come summer.

For the people who already own this album... I can understand why it's not a huge priority, or why they're not overly excited for it.  But if you're one of many who are missing this Mogwai release (and very few others), I do hope they press an abundance that stay in stock for your sake.

I'm hoping it stays in stock so I can wait it out.

For an eventual price-drop or something?  If it's anything like the YT box, I don't see too big of a dip anytime soon.  But at the same time, I know that you already own an OG copy... so you can definitely afford to pass, if you wanted.

The Young Team box is still in stock, right? Hopefully this will be like that one and stay in print for a while.

Like Yanqui said, that thing is long gone.  Even with the fancy packaging and extras (that drove up the price) and being limited to 2,000, those definitely sold out.  A shame, really, since that album should be readily available for anyone who wants to start listening to Mogwai.

For an eventual price-drop or something?  If it's anything like the YT box, I don't see too big of a dip anytime soon.  But at the same time, I know that you already own an OG copy... so you can definitely afford to pass, if you wanted.

Like Yanqui said, that thing is long gone.  Even with the fancy packaging and extras (that drove up the price) and being limited to 2,000, those definitely sold out.  A shame, really, since that album should be readily available for anyone who wants to start listening to Mogwai.

Their best imo. That album got me. I don't like their newer stuff.

Mogwai: YT / CODY / Special Moves / Live @ BBC /  RA / HS /// End

Their best imo. That album got me. I don't like their newer stuff.

Mogwai: YT / CODY / Special Moves / Live @ BBC /  RA / HS /// End

I can see how fans of their old sound wouldn't enjoy their newer outputs - and I personally celebrate everything they've done, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't partial to their earlier material - but even with that said; no love for Mr. Beast?

I can see how fans of their old sound wouldn't enjoy their newer outputs - and I personally celebrate everything they've done, though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't partial to their earlier material - but even with that said; no love for Mr. Beast?

Never really catched me, no. I realy like their earlier Eps though. Especially My Father My King and EP! Those are awesome.

grabbing this when it goes up. zero fucks given.

i'm so behind on mogwai vinyl. I binge bought 6 of their full lengths in the last week...

I ordered hawk is howling, rock action, mr beast, and happy songs for under $100 shipped from rarewaves-imports on amazon. hoping that I actually get what I ordered because that seems like a really good deal...

The one that came out like 5 years ago and limited to 2000 copies? That's been sold out a pretty long while now....

Wow, I didn't realize how limited it was. Still though, I think the price made quite a few people back away and it was readily available for a while. Discogs says it came out in 2008 and I'm pretty sure I bought mine around late 2010/early 2011. 

grabbing this when it goes up. zero fucks given.

i'm so behind on mogwai vinyl. I binge bought 6 of their full lengths in the last week...

I ordered hawk is howling, rock action, mr beast, and happy songs for under $100 shipped from rarewaves-imports on amazon. hoping that I actually get what I ordered because that seems like a really good deal...

"Zero fucks given" is right.

And that's less than $25 per album – I'd say you did good.  I believe I paid around $27 or so to import each one via Amazon, just like you did, and I thought that was a fair deal considering the rarity of most of them [at the time].  So are you still missing Young Team, then?

Wow, I didn't realize how limited it was. Still though, I think the price made quite a few people back away and it was readily available for a while. Discogs says it came out in 2008 and I'm pretty sure I bought mine around late 2010/early 2011. 

Nailed it.  The pricing is going to keep this thing on the shelves for a bit.  I'm genuinely interested to know how many they pressed, though.  Not for cataloging / rarity purposes, but just out of pure curiosity.  This album has been OOP for so long... I can only guess it'd be a pretty massive press.

Pre-orders are officially up.

After shipping and taxes, it comes out to $102 and change for U.S. residents.  Or at least for me, in California.  Literally riding the fence of what I told myself I'd drop on this thing.  Was hoping for a total closer to $80, but beggars can't be choosers.  I'm one click away from placing an order, but wondering if I should wait just a bit and feel around for a cheaper option.  They're no Amazon, but with a release date so far off, I bet Chemikal would be pretty good about canceling and refunding an order if need be.