PO Soon : MOGWAI - Come On Die Young 4 LP Box Set

• 2 weeks later...

I just got an email from Amazon:

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Mogwai "Come on Die Young"
    Estimated arrival date: August 11, 2014 - August 15, 2014

I haven't skimmed the entire AMA yet, but a friend read it and said that the band is hoping to repress Young Team soon.  Hopefully in a standard, non-box for anyone who doesn't own it and doesn't want to shell out $80+.  Absolutely essential Mogwai.

the deluxe is phenomenal though. well worth the money. I was worried about the extra material being superfluous, but it's all incredible.

the deluxe is phenomenal though. well worth the money. I was worried about the extra material being superfluous, but it's all incredible.

Agreed.  Not knocking the deluxe whatsoever, since it's the only copy I own and I'm quite pleased with it.  I just noticed a lot of grumbling - especially on Facebook - when fans discovered that the CODY vinyl reissue was constricted to the boxset.  At the end of the day I'd just love to see more Mogwai vinyl in the hands of their fanbase... and having both $20 and $80 versions of an album will appeal to a broader selection of people, I'd imagine.