PO Soon : MOGWAI - Come On Die Young 4 LP Box Set

they are playing in portland tonight. anyone going?

Sitting outside the Roseland now waiting for the doors to open.

Olsvik, I'm broke or I would cover you.

Edit: actually, got here an hour early. Having a beer in the meantime.

I still need copies of Happy Songs, Rock Action, and Mr. Beast. I just need to find a good price.

I have two copies of Rock Action but the original has a ton of surface noise, making it sound pretty crappy, or else I'd sell it to you for cheap. It probably isn't even worth buying though :(

still sticking with my order from chemikal underground. they just hooked me up with a free download of the 'young team' deluxe set even though i bought it used. way cool of them to do that. i guess it never hurts to ask ;)

edit: still a definite thanks to the kind sir who helped me out here--i feel better getting it legitimately though. (i guess i'm weird haha)

I have two copies of Rock Action but the original has a ton of surface noise, making it sound pretty crappy, or else I'd sell it to you for cheap. It probably isn't even worth buying though :(

Bummer. I'll just keep checking Ebay. There seem to be reasonably priced copies popping up once in awhile.

• 2 weeks later...

womp womp

Hi,

Apologies for the group email but it seemed like the quickest, most effective way of reaching out to you and bringing you up to speed with the Mogwai box set and the current status of its delivery.  Cutting to the chase, I should tell you straight that it's going to arrive later than we had initailly anticipated and for that I can only apologise and offer you an explanation as to why it's happened.

You'll probably be aware that we get sent test pressings of every vinyl LP we plan on manufacturing and that those test pressings need to be approved before the LP (or LPs in this case) can go into mass production.  We had an issue with one of the test pressings which just didn't sound 100% and - after soliciting second and third opinions from various sets of trusted ears - we opted to send it back to the plant and ask them to press it again to reduce surface noise.  We did this knowing that it would result in a delay for the final delivery date of the boxset but felt it was far more important this reissue was late and as close to perfect as we could make it, rather than on time but sonically below par.  Hopefully that's the approach you would have expected from us too.

So, how late is it going to be?  Well, we had to wait and approve the new test pressings before we could confirm a definitive completion date from the pressing plant.  Having received word now, we've set an official retail release date of July 21st but that date reflects warehouse processing leadtimes and is when we would expect the boxsets to be on retail shelves, not when we'll have stock in the office which will be a fortnight earlier (give or take).    We expect to deliver all the pre-ordered boxsets (ie yours) at the same time we'll be shipping the retail stock into warehouses etc. and predict that'll be on or around July 10th at the latest.  We understand this represents a potential delay in excess of three weeks and can only offer our apologies and assurances that the delay's been incurred with our best intentions.  The position hasn't been helped of course by vinyl's continuing rise in popularity (the volume being pressed in mainland Europe doesn't seem to have abated since Record Store Day).

Ultimately, this is not an inexpensive item for you to have ordered and we're all too aware that this delay involves a widening of the gap between paying for it and receiving it: if you'd prefer us to refund your order (even in the short term) then we'll be happy to oblige, just drop us a line at[email protected] and we'll sort that for you asap.  Again, our sincere apologies.  We hope your disappointment at the delayed arrival of the boxset is eased by our determination to ensure it's worth every penny or cent you've generously invested.

On behalf of everyone at Chemikal Underground, 

Stewart--
Stewart Henderson
Chemikal Underground Records

That is a bummer, but I'm happy to wait another month or two if it means a better final product.  I really appreciate that they gave an update.

Completely agreed.  This is one of those albums that would gut me to see half-assed in any regard.  Especially at that price.  I've waited 3-4 years to own this album... another 3-4 weeks won't be an issue.