Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (starring Kevin Spacey) November 2014

Probably would skip this, but Kevin Spacey. Hopefully with Sledgehammer doing future warfare and Infinity Ward being hung up on "modern warfare" we will get a sweet WWI or II game out of Treyarch next year.

Jeez I hope but I don't think so. I'm so sick of all these devs putting out the same cookie cutter futuristic warfare game, but it's what the kids want. The competitive community doesn't like the WWII games so I'm sure 3arc will stick with what sells. I would love another Vietnam or WWII game, those were so much more simple and fun to play, although the original modern warfare was amazing.

"Featuring all-new quick-time events narrated by Kevin Spacey and a reskinned M16!"

"Hey, you liked those maps on the old one? You can play 'em again for $20 more!"

"In the most thrilling and compelling Call of Duty storyline yet, fight the Russians on American soil! This has never been done before!"

inb4 it gets 9/10 from Gameinformer for being "refreshing" or "breaking the mold"

I buy the game every year without doubt. It's something I can enjoy with my friends. It's careless fun. I don't have to think much when I'm playing it. Fortunately, the co-op modes in each game have kept me interested. Zombies had me buying each new map pack and with Ghosts, Extinction is a great challenge that takes more than a few tries to beat, at least for my friends and I. We're casual players, nothing special. Multiplayer gets old fast though. With Ghosts, it took a bit longer for me to grow tired of it. But it happened just like the rest. The trailer for this has me the most skeptical for a game in this franchise that I've ever been. So I guess we'll see. I'll probably buy though because that first month or so with the game as you're getting used to the new stuff is always fun to tackle with my buddies.

• 5 months later...

Video was already removed but here's a different link to it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_JF9KDU8gH8eTZORUpoNWFyYWc/view

Personally, I'm fucking pumped. I hated BO2 zombies but this looks cool. Hopefully this game is better. I haven't liked COD really since MW3, and thats all I still play. I don't remember the last time I picked up ghosts. 

I posted sometging similar a while back in the general gaming thread, but yeah; as someone who's laughed at the degradation of the MW franchise - and hasn't touched any of the titles outside of MW2, years back - I'm pretty keen on this one. The Titanfall similarities work well for me, and I really dig the fictional technology over "classic" firearms in FPS titles. Everything I've seen about AW has got it looking like a standout installment of the series. I think that being able to navigate the maps closer to a shooter like Halo will keep it feeling much more fresh and dynamic compared to previous COD titles. We'll see.

A lot of friends who are extremely anti-COD are jazzed for this one, and I'm right there with them. Weapons, customization, art style: it all appeals to me greatly. Will be interesting to read some reviews in the coming weeks.

I posted sometging similar a while back in the general gaming thread, but yeah; as someone who's laughed at the degradation of the MW franchise - and hasn't touched any of the titles outside of MW2, years back - I'm pretty keen on this one. The Titanfall similarities work well for me, and I really dig the fictional technology over "classic" firearms in FPS titles. Everything I've seen about AW has got it looking like a standout installment of the series. I think that being able to navigate the maps closer to a shooter like Halo will keep it feeling much more fresh and dynamic compared to previous COD titles. We'll see.

A lot of friends who are extremely anti-COD are jazzed for this one, and I'm right there with them. Weapons, customization, art style: it all appeals to me greatly. Will be interesting to read some reviews in the coming weeks.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. I'll check it out, but I'm not going to be going after it on day one. I imagine the Master Chief Collection will satisfy my FPS needs for a good while anyways.

I'm cautiously optimistic on this one. I'll check it out, but I'm not going to be going after it on day one. I imagine the Master Chief Collection will satisfy my FPS needs for a good while anyways.

I'm trying not to be too excited for it as well, since it is - after all - just one more COD installment. The fact it's been in development for song is a big plus on my books, but that certainly doesn't mean that it's impervious to sucking. I don't see how it can be worse than the last few titles, though.

And yes. That MC Collection is the siren song to my wallet and an XB1. I highly doubt I'll be compelled to splurge on one anytime soon, but I think its release date will be a great time to be on Team M$.

This game is going to suck so freaking hard. This and World at War are going to be going head to head for worst CoD. I've actually been playing CoD4 on 360 again, despite the fact it's tough to get in search and destroy matches it still rules.

I thought World At War was one of the better ones.. it was just fun to play. And there wasn't any of that quick-scoping shit.

I thought World At War was one of the better ones.. it was just fun to play. And there wasn't any of that quick-scoping shit.

WaW is definitely one of my favorites. Back before Treyarch just tried to ape whatever IW was doing bc activision wants to move units not make unique games. Hopefully the downward sales trend will make them realize they could use some fresh ideas.

These are my thoughts as well. I haven't enjoyed COD since MW3, but this has me intrigued.