What are you currently listening to?

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Buddy Holy hits

Miles Davis - Complete Birth of the Cool

Breakfast Club - Rico Mambo Mambo 45 :P 

Strand of Oaks - HEAL and some other stuff from my sad collection. Checking out a different table, same cartridge though because its the only one handy. 

Earlier has been 

CD though because the vinyl price sucks for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm surprised there isn't more activity in this thread, for a music forum. Do we care more about buying than listening? I've really enjoyed this type of thread on other forums as a way to pick up on new things - as well as spread the word about things I'm enjoying, of course.

2953811.jpg

Eddy Current Suppression RingEddy Current Suppression Ring (2006)

Some garage rock/punk from Melbourne, Australia I recently discovered by way of Total Control, a more post-punk oriented band sharing some members. First time playing this one, it's quite raw.

I'm surprised there isn't more activity in this thread, for a music forum. Do we care more about buying than listening? I've really enjoyed this type of thread on other forums as a way to pick up on new things - as well as spread the word about things I'm enjoying, of course.

2953811.jpg

Eddy Current Suppression Ring - Eddy Current Suppression Ring (2006)

Some garage rock/punk from Melbourne, Australia I recently discovered by way of Total Control, a more post-punk oriented band sharing some members. First time playing this one, it's quite raw.

It seems to me a lot of people talk about what they're listening to in genre specific threads. I know the stoner/doom thread has a lot of sharing new music.

It seems to me a lot of people talk about what they're listening to in genre specific threads. I know the stoner/doom thread has a lot of sharing new music.

still need to check out the stoner/doom thread. the past year i've been able to get into some of the mainstream releases like pallbearer (saw them live) and yob, but i know i'm not even scratching the surface.

agreed on the genre specific threads. i've been huge on synthwave lately and the perturbator thread has loads of good suggestions.

i'll have to stick to my dangerous days flacs until i pony up for a vinyl copy, but such a sick album. really dug acrobatic tenement in my younger days. will prob by it at some point when i'm online after some drinks and feeling nostalgic.

on vinyl i'm spinning a bunch of euro electronic imports (hvl, dj metatron, anthony naples, joris voorn) and the gone girl soundtrack lately. would be jamming that carpenter brut if i could.

edit: clarified euro electronic imports

Peter Berkow and Friends - Faculty Recital

Found a nice copy at Goodwill and picked it up as a blind buy thinking it might be kind of proggy and cool. I was not wrong. Awesome kind of jazzy prog stuff. Concept album about a post nuclear apocalypse world.

I'm really digging it.