Nitro Records Represses - Vandals, Guttermouth, AFI, TSOL

Sux. As a CA drunk ex-skateboarder kid this is very disappointing.

Agreed. (even though I'm not a drunk or skateboarder nor did I grow up in California.)

I just don't think there was enough interest during the pre-orders to get it pressed. Which is shitty. Was really looking forward to em'.

Just got my copies of black sails and art of drowning. My black sails is grey marble, weird that yours is a redish color.

What color is your Art of Drowning?

I guess I assumed these represses would be on standard black, specially since they had mentioned about doing another "deluxe" pressing sometime soon.

What color is your Art of Drowning?

I guess I assumed these represses would be on standard black, specially since they had mentioned about doing another "deluxe" pressing sometime soon.

It's grey as well. I've seen some on Instagram that are a green/grey as well. Not to sure what to make of it but at least they sound great!

And since folks from the label said these were black.

Not to sure what to make of it but at least they sound great

Can you check the beginning of side B on AOD? All of the colored copies so far had the same defect (loud pops pretty much throughout the first song and halfway through the second), but I've talked to someone at Bicycle Music Company and they said that even though they are using the same stampers, the issue should be fixed. 

And since folks from the label said these were black.

Can you check the beginning of side B on AOD? All of the colored copies so far had the same defect (loud pops pretty much throughout the first song and halfway through the second), but I've talked to someone at Bicycle Music Company and they said that even though they are using the same stampers, the issue should be fixed.

That was the first side I listened to (days of the Phoenix) and it sounded fine. I'll check again tomorrow and report back.

Just for shits and giggles I run a kenwood kd3070 with a shure m97xe and marantz 2010 amp.

That was the first side I listened to (days of the Phoenix) and it sounded fine. I'll check again tomorrow and report back.

Just for shits and giggles I run a kenwood kd3070 with a shure m97xe and marantz 2010 amp.

Here's what all my copies (apart from the test press and the first black press) sound like: 

I've been told it's what's known as a "non-fill issue" and that it's supposed to be fixed with these represses, but first-hand info is always good to have.

Looked for another AFI thread or anything related to this and found nothing. If it's been posted just delete this then.

HERE: http://www.myplaydirect.com/nitro-records

As for variants, availability, etc: Don't know, don't care. All I do know is they're available July 27th. Or at least that's when "Black Sails In the Sunset" is being shipped/released. Good chance for someone who like's AFI's music to pick up some of the classics.