I fucked up my ankle/foot at work today

As some of you know, I'm a mail carrier for everyone's favorite service, The USPS ( We suck, I know) and today I turned my ankle pretty gnarly. Went and got xrays and it turns out I have a small fracture in one of the bones towards the middle of my foot. I go to the orthopedic doctor Tuesday morning and will find out more. Here's a picture of it I took when I got back to the office about 15 minutes after of doing it.

ankle_zpsf04b0436.jpg

Hopefully, nothing serious comes out of the Orthopedic visit. This is the first time in my 28 years on this earth ever breaking anything. I've never even had stitches before so this is all pretty weird for me to say the least.

Fuckin' USPS

I wish I could un-see that picture... Ugh... So sorry about your luck dude! I know how much that sucks. 

Also, I'm a little concerned because your feet look pretty hair free and my feet do not look like that. Am I a hobbit? Does everyone's feet look like this?

Don't worry, I have hobbit feet too.

Thanks guys. I don't even really know how I did it exactly. I was walking down a set of steps and went to walk on the sidewalk so I think my foot just stepped awkwardly were the concrete of the sidewalk met the grass or something.

That kind of weird shit happens sometimes. I fell down exactly 1 step when I was 13 and broke the outside of my foot really badly.

As some of you know, I'm a mail carrier for everyone's favorite service, The USPS ( We suck, I know) and today I turned my ankle pretty gnarly. 

my first thought was: sue your employer! then i realized maybe they'd just pass along the costs of the lawsuit through higher media mail costs...

my first thought was: sue your employer! then i realized maybe they'd just pass along the costs of the lawsuit through higher media mail costs...

Haha yeah. Good thing about USPS is all the benefits and stuff though. I have like almost 300 hours of sick leave I can use if I wanted and then I have some vacation time to take if need be as well.

Since this is also my first time really being injured on the job, I know I have the option of workman's comp too but I'm not too entirely sure what the process is with that yet. Once I find out for sure what's going on when I go to the Orthopedic on Tuesday, I'll see which path I want to take.

I just hope it's not something awful to where I'm going to be off for a SUPER long time because there's only so much tv/movies I can watch before I'll go crazy with boredom

Ice that sucker up.

Is there a lot of bruising?

When I took a shower this afternoon about 3 hours after it happened it was starting to bruise. I have it wrapped up now but I'm interested to see how bad the bruising is tomorrow when I take it off. I'll take another picture of it tomorrow morning around 1130 which would be 24 hours after the original picture.

I can actually weigh in on this.

For the record, I searched "The Office" in the search bar, because I was looking for a thread about the TV show because I'm watching it On Demand and I miss tuning in once a week for as long as I did.

Anywho, last August, I was riding a bicycle home from my friend's house at about 1:30am. I stopped off at our favorite pub along the way. I was inebriated before I even got to the pub. More so when I left. 

I bit the dust on my bike next to our town's local guitar shop. I don't remember how it happened, but basically I braced myself with my right foot, and when the foot hit the grass I heard three loud POPs. Thank God I was drunk, because it probably hurt a lot more than I remember.

I managed to use the fear of the cops to get back on the bike, but only pedaled with my left foot. When I got home and got off my bike, I literally couldn't stand up so I had to crawl up my stoop and to the couch. The next day, my foot was swollen about as much as yours. 

I had a friend with crutches, and I had no health insurance, so I just let time heal. It has been 9 months, and I still have pain in my right foot. I think I fractured it in a few spots and it healed wrong. 

It's more of a discomfort than a pain, but if you have insurance, go get that stuff fixed right. I wish I could go back and do it right.

I now have a fear of bikes.

I can actually weigh in on this.

For the record, I searched "The Office" in the search bar, because I was looking for a thread about the TV show because I'm watching it On Demand and I miss tuning in once a week for as long as I did.

Anywho, last August, I was riding a bicycle home from my friend's house at about 1:30am. I stopped off at our favorite pub along the way. I was inebriated before I even got to the pub. More so when I left.

I bit the dust on my bike next to our town's local guitar shop. I don't remember how it happened, but basically I braced myself with my right foot, and when the foot hit the grass I heard three loud POPs. Thank God I was drunk, because it probably hurt a lot more than I remember.

I managed to use the fear of the cops to get back on the bike, but only pedaled with my left foot. When I got home and got off my bike, I literally couldn't stand up so I had to crawl up my stoop and to the couch. The next day, my foot was swollen about as much as yours.

I had a friend with crutches, and I had no health insurance, so I just let time heal. It has been 9 months, and I still have pain in my right foot. I think I fractured it in a few spots and it healed wrong.

It's more of a discomfort than a pain, but if you have insurance, go get that stuff fixed right. I wish I could go back and do it right.

I now have a fear of bikes.

Haha dang that's a crazy story. I'm definitely getting it fixed right and the good olé USPS is paying for it all. I'll find out what the next step is on tuesday. I just hope I get put in a walking boot or something like that. I've never had surgery of any kind and the thought alone of that scares the shit out of me