PO Soon: '68 - In Humor and Sadness - Out 7/8/14 via Good Fight

Just got this email from merchnow

Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to thank you for your purchase of the '68 vinyl LP.

These items were scheduled to be shipped this week. Unfortunately, we have just received word that, due to an issue at the manufacturing plant, we will not be receiving these items until the first week of November.

Once these items arrive to our facilities all orders will be immediately shipped and you will receive tracking via email!

If you have any questions, or need to update your address/information on the order please email us at [email protected] with your order number & information regarding the changes you need made.

Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.

-Merchnow Staff

The situation with the vinyl version of this album seems so odd to me. I get that delays happen with vinyl, but 4 months to complete a press (yes, I'm aware of BYTA and Glassjaw)? Good Fight must have been super far behind on the vinyl when they put up POs. 

I think they screwed themselves over, the first delay wasn't a plant delay, they rejected the pressing (wasn't quite the right colour) after that they were behind the 8-ball and the plant kept delaying the order.

Yeah, I don't really get it. The Contortionist's new album Language came out through Good Fight as well; it went up for PO after '68, and the vinyl was out in time for the release date (09/16). Definitely a little weird. 

Edit: If it was rejected, then it definitely makes more sense. Although they had an issue with the color of Language as well, but they ended up just changing the mock up image and giving everyone a heads up. I wonder if they just said fuck it because of all of the delays with this album.

I think they screwed themselves over, the first delay wasn't a plant delay, they rejected the pressing (wasn't quite the right colour) after that they were behind the 8-ball and the plant kept delaying the order.

Didn't know about the rejection. The amount of time this has taken makes more sense now.

If it doesn't come out, I riot.

Its gonna come out.  This is my AOTY so far and I will make it my mission that this album comes out on vinyl, if there does happen to be some sort of issue with this pressing but sure its fine and just delayed based on which plant they chose & black friday stuff

• 3 weeks later...