MAN ADVICE v2.0

I'm also old and I'm too afraid to google

I will never know what it really means, but it's okay.

I had to lookup what NSA fun was, haha.  I'm old!  I am all for it, although I can understand that it's not for everybody.  I would also never make that a priority over a real relationship, but I don't mind it until then.

I'm not hepcat or jive turkey but even I can surmise NSA fun means No Strings Attached fun.  It has to, right?

edit...

...and Tess confirmed it.

I know what all the lingo means! I can't be the only one that reads the craigslist personal ads for fun can I?

No way. I used to post made up missed connections. It was the best.

A band around here takes missed connections and do an almost spoken word poetry reading of the top few that they find from the local missed connections thing on facebook.  Not a band I love seeing, but damn if that isn't hilarious.

A band around here takes missed connections and do an almost spoken word poetry reading of the top few that they find from the local missed connections thing on facebook. Not a band I love seeing, but damn if that isn't hilarious.

There is this lady that used to make illustrations of missed connections.

http://www.sophieblackall.com/missed-connections-2

people so blindly in love that they dont see it. ive seen the game take many friends. once bright vibrant souls, now empty shells of what they used to be.

Looking at someone through rose tinted glasses makes all the red flags looks like... flags.

Maybe I’m just jaded but it IS a game. it just is. I can’t even count how many times my girlfriends would be like “oh I’m not into him, he’s too nice” FOR REAL. THEY LOVED BEING REJECTED. They kept going back to the guys who would ignore them. I don’t know how it happened but somewhere along the line some ladies just started eating that shit up. Let’s ignore the dude who’s texting us everyday and drunk text the guy who hasn’t spoken to us in two weeks instead. Do I agree it’s fucked up? Yes. Do I think you’ll have a better outcome in the dating world if you understand this stupid game? Yes.

This terrifies me, because I text the girl I am currently crushing on (Jesus Christ she's got me writing poetry) every day.

She works three jobs, so she's constantly busy.  We've only hung out three times before, but text nearly every day, though it sometimes takes her a few hours to answer.  I'm upfront and honest with her and tell her how I feel about the situation.  It's such a difficult situation to be in, though.  I just wanna see more of her.  I'm a hopeless romantic that's smitten.

And holy fuck, I've written an album's worth of songs and about six poems in just the last month I've been talking to her.  At least sh'e spurred a creative boon within me.

Looking at someone through rose tinted glasses makes all the red flags looks like... flags.

This terrifies me, because I text the girl I am currently crushing on (Jesus Christ she's got me writing poetry) every day.

She works three jobs, so she's constantly busy. We've only hung out three times before, but text nearly every day, though it sometimes takes her a few hours to answer. I'm upfront and honest with her and tell her how I feel about the situation. It's such a difficult situation to be in, though. I just wanna see more of her. I'm a hopeless romantic that's smitten.

And holy fuck, I've written an album's worth of songs and about six poems in just the last month I've been talking to her. At least sh'e spurred a creative boon within me.

It is scary but just go with it. I tend to overworry and hold back a lot but I find that it just causes a lot of stress for me. Take it day by day, if she really likes you then she won't play those games. a friend of mine was treated like shit by her ex and it just made her want him more and the nice guys who liked her, she had no interest in BUT she got sick of it and met a nice guy who treated her well and she liked him back and they are happily married with twins. I think if two people really like each other then "playing the game" won't be something that happens

(Jesus Christ she's got me writing poetry) every day.

And holy fuck, I've written an album's worth of songs and about six poems in just the last month I've been talking to her.  

have you shared this with her? for your own sake i hope you don't let her know you want her this bad. you've only hung out three times. 

I mean, I'm terrified of scaring her away, but I'm not much for games.  I like being up front in relationships, instead of putting on a facade for the first few months to trick them into liking a guy who I'm not.

A few of my female friends of told me that I should be "standoffish" for the "rubber band effect" so this girl will want me.  I know it's viable advice, but I still feel like it's some dishonest game that uses emotions as pawns.  I just wanna spend time with this girl and let her feed into my creative energy.

I've been hanging out with this girl very consistently for just over two months now. She lived on the same street as me (until I moved last week), and I didn't even know. Anyway, we've talked about where we see things going and it seems like we're both interested in "dating"/"being together", but I just get scared at the thought of being with someone. I dated in high school, but I was 17, so it didn't seem like a big deal to me. Now that I'm 21 (not old, I know), it seems a lot more serious. But anyway, I really like her and she is very cool and nice so I'm happy. Tess/Madie/etc, this is the girl I had a date with a couple months ago when I sent you an Instagram DM saying "this guy has a date tomorrow", hahaha.

I've been hanging out with this girl very consistently for just over two months now. She lived on the same street as me (until I moved last week), and I didn't even know. Anyway, we've talked about where we see things going and it seems like we're both interested in "dating"/"being together", but I just get scared at the thought of being with someone. I dated in high school, but I was 17, so it didn't seem like a big deal to me. Now that I'm 21 (not old, I know), it seems a lot more serious. But anyway, I really like her and she is very cool and nice so I'm happy. Tess/Madie/etc, this is the girl I had a date with a couple months ago when I sent you an Instagram DM saying "this guy has a date tomorrow", hahaha.

Ah I do think I remember this ? Okay so this is only how my mind works so please don't take offense if you aren't the same but do you really like this girl as much as you think ? The reason I ask is that I get very afraid being in a relationship when I'm not really 100% into the person. When I do really like the person then the excitement takes over and I'm not really taking the time to be scared. I remember a few guys where the whole time I would think that marriage was scary and I wasn't ready to live with them and oh my god I hope they don't ask and then the ones I really have liked, the thought of having a long term future (not necessary actually doing it but just thinking about it being a possibility in the future) wasn't as scary as much as it was exciting.

I can't speak for what's right for you/your life right now, so the only advice I can over is: being with someone is pretty cool.

Ah I do think I remember this ? Okay so this is only how my mind works so please don't take offense if you aren't the same but do you really like this girl as much as you think ? The reason I ask is that I get very afraid being in a relationship when I'm not really 100% into the person. When I do really like the person then the excitement takes over and I'm not really taking the time to be scared. I remember a few guys where the whole time I would think that marriage was scary and I wasn't ready to live with them and oh my god I hope they don't ask and then the ones I really have liked, the thought of having a long term future (not necessary actually doing it but just thinking about it being a possibility in the future) wasn't as scary as much as it was exciting.

I don't think it's this at all.   I think it's just the fact that this will be my first "big boy" relationship, since I'm not 17 anymore.

I can't speak for what's right for you/your life right now, so the only advice I can over is: being with someone is pretty cool.

This is true!  Especially when they are cool too!

Just don't go breaking hearts with that #cuteface.

Haha but really. I can't tell you what I think because it really comes down to you and what you think / feel. Why are you scared? Are you scared of commitment in general? Are you scared she will hurt you?

I'm always one for taking chances. If there is one thing I've learned recently it's that we can't wait around and hope life happens. Sometimes we just have to be bold! Sometimes amazing results ensue. Sometimes not. But at least you won't regret not trying at all.

So I stopped texting this new girl about three days ago and she hasn't contacted me since.

I feel that she may have been a pleasant distraction from my ex, because once I stopped texting her daily the dreams started coming back.  Since then, I've been in a bit of a funk; something just feels off, but I can't quite place it.  Whenever little memories begin to bubble up, I just perish the thought and force a distraction.  My creative boon as shifted from a frenzied passion to a contrived inclination to begrudgingly write a new piece a day.  I still haven't given up, but the subject has been tainted...