MAN ADVICE v2.0

Well my relationship got flipped upside down as of last night. Brought my lady to the airport for her indefinite move back home. Maybe we make things work being 3,000 miles away from each other. Maybe it falls apart. Who knows. Not us.

its been an interesting morning making half the amount of coffee I usually make. Half the amount of breakfast I usually cook. It's just weird.

At least I'm making a little 2 hour trip in a few hours to a brewery on the coast to get some bottles for a fellow VC member.

I see my post count rising tremendously from here on hahaha

Well my relationship got flipped upside down as of last night. Brought my lady to the airport for her indefinite move back home. Maybe we make things work being 3,000 miles away from each other. Maybe it falls apart. Who knows. Not us.

If you both want to make it work, it will. If one of you doesn't.... well you get the idea. Good luck to you both.

If you both want to make it work, it will. If one of you doesn't.... well you get the idea. Good luck to you both.

I don't really agree with this. Even if both parties want it, it's not always enough.

its been an interesting morning making half the amount of coffee I usually make. Half the amount of breakfast I usually cook. It's just weird.

At least I'm making a little 2 hour trip in a few hours to a brewery on the coast to get some bottles for a fellow VC member.

Damn dude, I'm sorry.

You and Matt should probably just cuddle at this point.

I don't really agree with this. Even if both parties want it, it's not always enough.

This is what I worry about. Yeah, we both want it to work but there comes a time when reality takes over. And separation will just destroy shit. We plan to try and have "Skype dates" and what not. Theres just no foreseeable future at the moment. Once both of our lives are a little less cloudy I think it will be easier to grasp what direction we actually want to go in. A good time of separation to work on ourselves is kinda what this has turned into.

This is what I worry about. Yeah, we both want it to work but there comes a time when reality takes over. And separation will just destroy shit. We plan to try and have "Skype dates" and what not. Theres just no foreseeable future at the moment. Once both of our lives are a little less cloudy I think it will be easier to grasp what direction we actually want to go in. A good time of separation to work on ourselves is kinda what this has turned into.

It's just good that you don't have stars in your eyes and know the reality of what could happen. But I do I hope it works out for the best either way!

Damn, that's tough.  I've had a long distance relationship before that lasted a good while.  We talked/texted/chatted daily and skyped/webcammed weekly.  It required a huge amount of trust.  I don't know if I could do it again, honestly.  But this is coming from a guy who has been jaded to love.

I need to meet a girl that collects records.

My guy "friend" is also into records and it's pretty great ! We both own the Hohokum soundtrack which is why I even talked to him in the first place (joking) but he helps me grab things if I'm not able to and he keeps an eye out for things that I am interested in and I do the same for him. And birthdays and Christmas time are always easy because you can just look at their discogs want list :lol:

But we won't merge collections

EVER

i believe you may be in the right place for that

B-b-but.. IRL.  :(

My guy "friend" is also into records and it's pretty great ! We both own the Hohokum soundtrack which is why I even talked to him in the first place (joking) but he helps me grab things if I'm not able to and he keeps an eye out for things that I am interested in and I do the same for him. And birthdays and Christmas time are always easy because you can just look at their discogs want list :lol:

But we won't merge collections

EVER

Major lucky score in that front!  My ex didn't really have much interest in my collection (though we shared some similarities in musical taste), so I never got cool records as gifts.

I don't think I'd ever merge collections, even if I was married and had kids.  Sure, we could share - but they'd be in separate shelves.