MAN ADVICE v2.0

Drugs have never been for me. I tried weed when I was fourteen with a couple of friends. One of them, also a first timer back then, died of a cocaine overdose six months later. It suddenly lost all and any appeal to me and I haven't even been drinking alcohol since then. It had quite an impact on me I guess.

Since I've been couch surfing for the past two months, all of my preorders (and general orders) have all had to be shipped to my old (ex's) address.  She'll stack them near the door and every few weeks, when she's at work, I'll come by and process them.

Today, I came by because she said she was working from noon until four, so I figured I'd have some time to get in and open, sleeve, photograph, and shelve all the records that had been delivered in the past two weeks.  What i wasn't anticipating was that she would show up about halfway through my process.

The vicissitudes of joy that I had looking through all the records that I had been anticipating for months was completely destroyed the moment she walked through the door.  Just seeing her devastated me.  Ruined the rest of my day, ruined my appetite, ruined my mood.  I couldn't get to sleep until 4pm (I work graveyards, so I was up about 28 hours by then) and only because I triple dosed myself with ZzzQuil.  Luckily, it sent me into a dreamless sleep, so I wasn't haunted by manufactured memories.  But I still awoke with a bad taste in my mouth.  I'm still pretty fucked up from it.

The good thing is that the emotional surge I felt today was translated into two new songs. One a very vitriolic and violently hateful folk-punk piece and the other a dejected and somber ballad.  They both captured and rendered the polar opposite feelings I felt into tangible works of art.  Other than that, I'm still pretty fucked up.

Jesus Christ I can't wait until I have my own apartment that isn't contaminated with memories.  Because I'm pretty fucked up.

If you don't mind me asking...what are the allergies you have that cause concern? Unless I missed the sarcasm...

They think I'm allergic to everything. It's a combination of food allergies and nature-related things (mostly plants but also bees/wasps, dogs, and cats). Realistically, I'm probably not at a huge risk, but for the kid who's "allergic to everything", they can't help but joke that I don't smoke because I'm allergic.

What do they presume?

Hopefully they aren't assuming you want to join the mile high club with them...

Dudes are lame.

I think dudes presume that flight attendants are all about one night stands. And I'm sure there are some out there that are, and good for them! Can't say I'm innocent but I really am looking for something more serious and for some reason I think when I say I am a flight attendant they think "ah perfect! She's gone all the time".

Cholly. Oh you. <3