MAN ADVICE v2.0

Um, no. She pretty much cut ties with me after that. Really great feeling.

She's clearly not worth it if she's able to do that to a friend.

I'm sorry that happened :(

I've been best friends with this guy for over 10 years and he's made several jokes about dating and all that but I've kind of blown it off since it isn't mutual and he's respected that! Him and I text everyday and he's the best but there is no spark. Even if he did tell me very directly that he did like me, I would never stop talking to him just because I don't like him back. He's an awesome guy! I hate that she stopped talking to you. You seem like such a cool person!

Yeah it's happened to me a couple of times. It's a fine line though of me still trying to be nice to them and carry on as normal and them then accusing me of leading them on.

I had to give them a bit of time to calm everything down before slowly trying to become as good friends again (which did finally happen).

I'm sorry that happened :(

I've been best friends with this guy for over 10 years and he's made several jokes about dating and all that but I've kind of blown it off since it isn't mutual and he's respected that! Him and I text everyday and he's the best but there is no spark. Even if he did tell me very directly that he did like me, I would never stop talking to him just because I don't like him back. He's an awesome guy! I hate that she stopped talking to you. You seem like such a cool person!

Thank you, I appreciate that.

We were friends for about 8-9 years. We did everything together, well not everything. I crushed on her from the beginning but she was with a close friend of mine & I'm not that guy so i let it go. Well they broke up shortly after graduating but we all stayed in touched. I gave it time & bout 5-6 years later I told her how I felt. Let's just say I'll never make that mistake again.

If there was a way to surgically extract feelings/attractions I would probably do it.

I pretty much always text the next day at the latest.

The most ridiculous was this girl on tinder about a month ago.. She messages me one night, I respond.

She replies like a week later around 2 am, and this turns into us face timing for a bit before bed. Texted her the next morning, never heard back.

I think that's when I deleted tinder.

The most ridiculous was this girl on tinder about a month ago.. She messages me one night, I respond.

She replies like a week later around 2 am, and this turns into us face timing for a bit before bed. Texted her the next morning, never heard back.

Much farther than me lol. I like a lot of profiles and never get a match...

I feel the exact same way.

My biggest thing is that I have the hardest time expressing myself and I always push issues I have with who I'm dating down, because I hate being alone. And I stay with them far longer than I should.

I want to start dating casually, but I have no clue how. I've always known the girls I've dated previously before we started going out. So I have never really "asked" a girl out. My buddy wants to take me out to bars near Marist College to pick up some girls with him, but I can only imagine the quality of girl I would find there. But then again, I really don't want a relationship. I guess it will be just a battle with my morals, and deciding whether or not it would really be worth it

Ew, Marist bars. I used to live down the street from Mahoney's. I hate that place.

I don't know how close to New Paltz you are, but that's a better place for cool arty girls into music and stuff

Ew, Marist bars. I used to live down the street from Mahoney's. I hate that place.

I don't know how close to New Paltz you are, but that's a better place for cool arty girls into music and stuff

Haha I know. I drive by them all the time. And yeah, Mahoney's is really bad. I'm pretty sure there have been a bunch of shootings and thefts there. 

It's a good 40 minute drive from me. I've been there a couple of times and seems like a cool place. Just a nightmare to find parking. Went to New Paltz once to check out Rhino Records and ended up having to walk a mile or so to get there.  What kind of cool places are there? Haven't really fully explored it. Heard it's pretty good for food.

Haha I know. I drive by them all the time. And yeah, Mahoney's is really bad. I'm pretty sure there have been a bunch of shootings and thefts there.

It's a good 40 minute drive from me. I've been there a couple of times and seems like a cool place. Just a nightmare to find parking. Went to New Paltz once to check out Rhino Records and ended up having to walk a mile or so to get there. What kind of cool places are there? Haven't really fully explored it. Heard it's pretty good for food.

Jack's is a dope place for records. I didn't like the vibe at Rhino. Grabbed Islands - Return to the Sea for $15 at Jack's. I used to drink at Oasis and Snug's. Oasis is "classier" and Snug's is kinda divey. Downstairs from Oasis is Cab's which is where all the underage kids go to do Molly and dance to shitty techno. But they had $2 PBRs and an 80s night when I lived there so that was fun.

I heard someone get shot at Noah's in poughkeepsie when I lived next door. That was fun.

Jack's is a dope place for records. I didn't like the vibe at Rhino. Grabbed Islands - Return to the Sea for $15 at Jack's. I used to drink at Oasis and Snug's. Oasis is "classier" and Snug's is kinda divey. Downstairs from Oasis is Cab's which is where all the underage kids go to do Molly and dance to shitty techno. But they had $2 PBRs and an 80s night when I lived there so that was fun.

I heard someone get shot at Noah's in poughkeepsie when I lived next door. That was fun.

Where's Jack's? Never knew there was another place for records in New Paltz. Huh, interesting . Good to know about the other places. 

Sorry I meant to include that at the end!

I can only speak from a guys point of view though, with the whole having a penis and all that.

Well. Yes. I am guessing that is probably an obvious thing. 

I have boobs, so I can say from a woman's perspective, that there a TON of shallow dudes. Say all you want about a girl's personality, but dudes are mostly all about the lookers. I am not butt ugly by any means, but I am not a looker. So I know when a dude digs me, it is definitely for my personality. And I am cool with waiting for that to happen. But I am going to get old and saggy someday.

I think you may love beards more than I love guys who wear glasses :wub:

My friends will check out a guy and I'll be the one checking out his glasses! Lol

I like glasses too!  :wub:

Just give me a carpenter who listens to good music and has a nerdy side? Please? SS, that is what I want for Christmas.

Then these girls are hell of dumb. Sorry they wasted your time like that.

Honestly Ry, tinder is dumb. I tried it out too, and it just seems like a bunch of attention seekers. I, personally, am looking for something a little more serious I guess and Tinder has not been kind. Dudes are flakes too. I have gone on a few dates, and I luckily received texts after all three saying "thanks but no thanks". So I guess I should be thankful they didn't waste my time!

But then again, there is no harm in trying! I know a few people that have met their significant others off of apps like OKC and Tinder. My sister met her husband on Eharmony. She went on a ton of failed dates before she met him. So you just never know!

I think your sweet stache fits you.

I almost always wear red lipstick now.

We all have our "thing".

You really pull it off too! Not all girls can. I wore a deep purple/reddish out the other night and some girl told me I was working it and I wanted to kiss her, it's just the best compliment a girl can get haha.

My "thing" is being lonely. Haha :'(

That makes 2 of us Shelbs...

Dawww... Me too guys. Shhhhh. It is ok. We can all be lonely together.

You really pull it off too! Not all girls can. I wore a deep purple/reddish out the other night and some girl told me I was working it and I wanted to kiss her, it's just the best compliment a girl can get haha.

Daw. Thank you! And yes. Seriously. I love getting compliments on it. It's one of the best things.