MAN ADVICE v2.0

Guys. I am thinking, with the success of Madie and Bruise that we need to make a VC dating forum. I will be cupid. I will send you someone to have a skype date with. You will send an about me, and include your music tastes and I can find concert dates for you in your area... Wait... we might need more VC girls. :(

How do we get more girls up in this hood?

Guys!  Got the dagger through the heart today.  Found out the girl who I'm always talking about has a boyfriend, and right before she moves away for a year.  She was "waiting to tell me in person", but I overheard my friends talking about it.  Then I got the, "Things just didn't work out with us, the time wasn't right, I still care about you, I don't want to hurt you, don't beat yourself up etc etc speech".  Oh well. 

Im so sorry. I have had this happen to me. More than once. Hope you feel better soon and meet someone who treats your feelings much better.

Hey, I am sorry to hear that, but at least you will be able to move on now. :(

And there is nothing quite like a well placed show involving music that hits the feels spot on.

How does that even happen? Was she drunk?

Also, I heard that we were both at the Caspian show the other night. Bummed I didn't see your glorious beard in person!

Not sure where that info came from, but I've never seen Caspian.

Yes, she was drunk.. We both were. And as I was wallowing in my humiliation, i noticed her just walking down the road, somewhat aimlessly. To the best of my recollection, I think she was just embarrassed about throwing up/knew it was time to call it a night. But Good Guy Ry was out to redeem himself, and tagged along, making sure she got home alright.

At that point I wanted nothin to do with the hour train ride, and stayed.

By morning, she was still totally hung up on dude that blew her off the night before.. And pretty much just ignoring what had happened with us. It was all strange, but at least I know that I can stop entertaining that whole idea.

Not sure where that info came from, but I've never seen Caspian.

Yes, she was drunk.. We both were. And as I was wallowing in my humiliation, i noticed her just walking down the road, somewhat aimlessly. To the best of my recollection, I think she was just embarrassed about throwing up/knowing it was time to call it a night. But Good Guy Ry was out to redeem himself, and tagged along, making sure she got home alright.

At that point I wanted nothin to do with the hour train ride, and stayed.

By morning, she was still totally hung up on dude that blew her off the night before.. And pretty much just ignoring what had happened with us. It was all strange, but at least I know that I can stop entertaining that whole idea.

Woops! Wrong person. Sorry about it.

Yikes. Sounds awkward. :( Sounds like you too can hit the freeway.

How does one decide what they want to do for the rest of their life? I'm a sophomore at community college, and this whole growing up things is bumming me out. 

You just sorta pick something that will make you enough money and you don't hate.  Kinda shitty, but unless you're one of the few who knows knows what you want, that's really what happens.

How does one decide what they want to do for the rest of their life? I'm a sophomore at community college, and this whole growing up things is bumming me out. 

Real talk: You never fully figure it out. You may find something you love and go toward that often, but you'll always find something else that intrigues you. I pretty much knew since I was little that I was going to work in music and I was so dead set on all these different paths. I ended up just going to college for entertainment business (you get a nice overview of everything and it's much better than focusing on something as narrow as Music Business courses.) So now I have a lot of options, I'm still not 110% sure where I want to end up and I'm learning that it's totally okay. 

Try to find a general route that you can educate yourself in (no, you don't have to go to college) then just sort of...wing it. Maybe that's terrible advice but I truly think finding where your happy can only be done by experiencing a lot of different things and going with the flow. You still have to hunt for opportunities but you also have to let a few find you. 

Do a lot of shitty jobs, find one you're good at, with good opportunities and then work hard. For years I worked shitty jobs with low pay just so I could have booze money at the weekend. Now I have a good stable job that I got from scraping experience together. My current job pays well, I like it and I am good at it. I have the security and they money to use on my hobbies and passions.

I personally would not like to be involved in music as a professional job because I like that music, being my biggest hobby, is kept as a personal, sometimes private thing that has no boundaries/restrictions.

I personally would not like to be involved in music as a professional job because I like that music, being my biggest hobby, is kept as a personal, sometimes private thing that has no boundaries/restrictions.

This is really, really important! If you are interested in working with music, prepare to lose that boundary between personal/work life. 

I wouldn't trade it for the world and I love all the people I've met, but you definitely start to get a sense of being jaded. You see/hear a lot of things you don't want to and sometimes people you look up to turn out to be awful. 

It can be a really sad experience and you need terribly tough skin to wade through the drama of it all.

I dealt with someone I looked up to spreading rumors about me and trying to drag down my reputation. For no reason other than not liking me. It was enough to want to step away from awhile but I realized that I would just be giving them what they wanted. 

You're also rarely and overnight success, even as someone who does behind the scenes work. It takes years and years to gain recognition, then a few more to find something well paying. It will rarely be steady. 

To reiterate what the two above have said, it's about experiences.  You said you're a sophomore at community college, meaning I'd imagine you've taken something around 45 credits at this point.

What classes have you found the most interesting?  What have you done well in? What could you not stand?  Do you like working in groups of people or do you like working alone? Are you salesy? Crafty?  These are the types of things I gathered about myself in college and the dude above me got through "shitty jobs" (no disrespect, your words).

And then at the end of the day you balance those things with what you think your material needs will be.  If you're minimalist and you don't care about the home in the suburbs with a white picket fence and 3 kids yadda yadda, then that changes what you need in terms of your career.

Hope that helps.

Guys. I am thinking, with the success of Madie and Bruise that we need to make a VC dating forum. I will be cupid. I will send you someone to have a skype date with. You will send an about me, and include your music tastes and I can find concert dates for you in your area... Wait... we might need more VC girls. :(

How do we get more girls up in this hood?

Will write a testimonial for this. It makes perfect sense. Bringing together groups of people that have oddly specific interests, love is bound to flourish.

This is really, really important! If you are interested in working with music, prepare to lose that boundary between personal/work life. 

I wouldn't trade it for the world and I love all the people I've met, but you definitely start to get a sense of being jaded. You see/hear a lot of things you don't want to and sometimes people you look up to turn out to be awful. 

I worked as a guitar teacher for quite a while and even then I could see the change in my own attitudes to playing the guitar as a hobby. I've stopped now but it's definitely not made me want to play as much. I always dreamed of being a reviewer or something when I was younger but I really think that having to listen to music as part of your job would definitely ruin something of the magic for me. I dunno. If you can do that and not get sick of it, more power to ya!

Also, on the topic of relationships: if you can't fart in front of your SO, or call each other names then break up.