MAN ADVICE v2.0

I want my room with my things and he can have his room with his things and he can text me if he wants to meet up in the living room to watch a movie.

I'm not asking for that much. Hahaha

That's how we do it, the bedroom is all my stuff and my hangout space when I need alone time, and he has an office with all his man stuff where he can hang alone. I guess that's what you get when two introverts fall in love.

Also we have not merged record collections yet and probably won't for a long long time lol.

That's how we do it, the bedroom is all my stuff and my hangout space when I need alone time, and he has an office with all his man stuff where he can hang alone. I guess that's what you get when two introverts fall in love.

Also we have not merged record collections yet and probably won't for a long long time lol.

You two are so cute!

I'm all about alone time. I always need my space to relax.

I run a fledgling record label, and I really enjoy working on it, but obviously the profits for it are negligible at best. I don't know I'm just really jealous of people who already know exactly what they want to do, like lots of things interest me, but I don't see myself in a career in them. 

Mine and my girlfriend's record collections are merged. Doesn't make a difference. Our collections are pretty different, so we know what's what. However I do keep saying I'm gonna reorganise the collection and she's just like "...don't."

I run a fledgling record label, and I really enjoy working on it, but obviously the profits for it are negligible at best. I don't know I'm just really jealous of people who already know exactly what they want to do, like lots of things interest me, but I don't see myself in a career in them. 

Seems to me that the people who do know exactly what they want to do are in the minority. I'm too much of a miserable prick to think that having a single, set career goal is the way to live. I figure that if you know exactly what you want to do, then there's just more chance to fail at it. Better to be good at what you are able to do, and spend the spoils on what makes you happy. 

I think it's more important to try something out, no matter if it affects your (main) interests or not. When I finished school I didn't know what to do either, that's why I wasted a lot of time. Now I'm working on my master's degree in transport planning, something I had never imagined when I was at your age.

This is really, really important! If you are interested in working with music, prepare to lose that boundary between personal/work life.

I wouldn't trade it for the world and I love all the people I've met, but you definitely start to get a sense of being jaded. You see/hear a lot of things you don't want to and sometimes people you look up to turn out to be awful.

It can be a really sad experience and you need terribly tough skin to wade through the drama of it all.

I dealt with someone I looked up to spreading rumors about me and trying to drag down my reputation. For no reason other than not liking me. It was enough to want to step away from awhile but I realized that I would just be giving them what they wanted.

You're also rarely and overnight success, even as someone who does behind the scenes work. It takes years and years to gain recognition, then a few more to find something well paying. It will rarely be steady.

Same goes for the film industry, people I met that I worked with at a time were really shady and solopsistic to a point I just would avoid interactions with them in public or in a business environment. It surpassed the civil discourse stage almost instantly. Which is why I left LA pretty abruptly.

Damn entertainment industry.

I will say this. working with both music and film execs and what not, the worst are film producers. Their sense of entitlement was so aggressive and childlike it was almost amusing.

Tinder is a numbers game. Message everyone. My friend got laid because he was drunk at the bar and told his buddy to send the first message to a bunch of his matches and he'd take over the conversation from there. The message that started the conversation that got him laid was "I want to rub cream cheese on your head."

I met this cute girl and while everyone was on the dance floor we had a conversation in a bar/club about racism, misogyny, white privilege, etc... (someone was dressed up as a First Nations person, and was acting like a fucking idiot, which is why those topics came up).

She also knew who Brand New was when she saw my instagram name, AND said, "So you like emo music then".

I met this cute girl and while everyone was on the dance floor we had a conversation in a bar/club about racism, misogyny, white privilege, etc... (someone was dressed up as a First Nations person, and was acting like a fucking idiot, which is why those topics came up).

She also knew who Brand New was when she saw my instagram name, AND said, "So you like emo music then".

GET IT SON. Please tell me you got her number or some way of contact.

you two are my inspiration

i think you knew that already