MAN ADVICE v2.0

taking relationship advice, or at least reading someone's advice is incredibly helpful, whether they are a real life friend, an internet friend, or a stranger.  It's not like the advice given is harmful and even just hearing someones perspective on your situation can help you understand it better.     so to those of you who think it's stupid to take advice from strangers, why are you in this thread???

I've come across a girl on OKC that checks every box on the "manic pixie dream girl" list (and I've undoubtedly immediately fallen in love - as required), but she's a state away.  I don't even have the balls to send her a message, though I'm not following her on snapchat.

Life.  :rolleyes:

One state away? Doesn't seem to be too far away. I'd say do it.

I think it's more about how many hours are between you rather than just being in another state. She could be 3 hours away or she could be like 8! Regardless, I really hope you sent her a message. Good luck

I read this and thought of yall today.

"Maybe so many of us are cursed with options. Internet dating makes it so easy to swipe left away anyone we find even remotely displeasing. Where once we would have worked through issues and problems, we know that with a few taps on our phone we now have access to thousands, even millions, of options. Whenever I would begin to feel bummed out that someone wasn’t texting me back or agreeing to meet up for a second date, I would immediately log back into my dating accounts and feel so much better. Dozens of new emails eager to sit down and get to know me. Instantaneous relief for rejection... Unfortunately, it was that easy."

Full article: http://www.thesecretbluebird.com/online-dating/forever-swiping-right/

I had myself a bottle of wine Sunday night and woke up with tinder back on my phone, and a message from a girl who lives in one of the 3 apartments in my building.

I read this and thought of yall today.

"Maybe so many of us are cursed with options. Internet dating makes it so easy to swipe left away anyone we find even remotely displeasing. Where once we would have worked through issues and problems, we know that with a few taps on our phone we now have access to thousands, even millions, of options. Whenever I would begin to feel bummed out that someone wasn’t texting me back or agreeing to meet up for a second date, I would immediately log back into my dating accounts and feel so much better. Dozens of new emails eager to sit down and get to know me. Instantaneous relief for rejection... Unfortunately, it was that easy."

Full article: http://www.thesecretbluebird.com/online-dating/forever-swiping-right/

I think this is very true.  I think it also makes meeting new people in real life harder too for the same reasons.  Why should I even bother talking to this stranger at bar when I'm sure I could find someone more attractive on tinder later tonight...

Speaking of bars... I don't drink and even though I frequent bars occasionally with friends I don't think I would ever approach a stranger with intention of "talking" to them.  I feel like now that I'm out of college, meeting people without the help of online is incredibly difficult and I admit I don't know how to even begin.

I've come across a girl on OKC that checks every box on the "manic pixie dream girl" list (and I've undoubtedly immediately fallen in love - as required), but she's a state away.  I don't even have the balls to send her a message, though I'm following her on snapchat.

Life.  :rolleyes:

I met a girl, who lives 3,000 miles away and in a different country, on Tinder and we've been together for over a year. We see each other as often as we can and make sure that we communicate every day. This has led to a lot of traveling---six countries and counting. Don't let distance deter you. It's a challenge but you figure ways around that.

I met a girl, who lives 3,000 miles away and in a different country, on Tinder and we've been together for over a year. We see each other as often as we can and make sure that we communicate every day. This has led to a lot of traveling---six countries and counting. Don't let distance deter you. It's a challenge but you figure ways around that.

Ah. How fun !!! Does the long distance ever become really difficult ? Dating someone in a different country seems a lot harder than being able to just drive for a few hours especially since the cost of flying must be so high ! But it seems like you both get to explore different counties so that's really exciting !!

Ah. How fun !!! Does the long distance ever become really difficult ? Dating someone in a different country seems a lot harder than being able to just drive for a few hours especially since the cost of flying must be so high ! But it seems like you both get to explore different counties so that's really exciting !!

The distance is hard. The longest that we've been apart is about five weeks. Fortunately, she has a job where she spends a significant amount of time where I live. I'm not sure that I could do it if that wasn't the case.