MAN ADVICE v2.0

I don't currently live in a city, but I used to live in DC for 8 of the months I had the app & I swipe whenever I travel cause that was always fun...

My friend and I drove from CT to DC to Atlanta for a music fest, and over the week trip I had gotten like 14 matches and he had gotten 150.  (he has like 1500 right now or something) and I know he swipes mostly everyone to the right but even when I did that I get 1 match at best..

except NYC is crazy I was there this weekend and went from 640 to 666 in one evening!

I don't currently live in a city, but I used to live in DC for 8 of the months I had the app & I swipe whenever I travel cause that was always fun...

My friend and I drove from CT to DC to Atlanta for a music fest, and over the week trip I had gotten like 14 matches and he had gotten 150.  (he has like 1500 right now or something) and I know he swipes mostly everyone to the right but even when I did that I get 1 match at best..

except NYC is crazy I was there this weekend and went from 640 to 666 in one evening!

brb driving to NYC.

The pool here is insane. Now that I have a solid lineup of matches, I've been trying to limit my swiping. It really is the best method for honing in on your flirting skills- which for me, are mostly non-existent IRL.

Going out with a beautiful Irish gal sometime this week, so that should be fun.

Fuck that noise. Especially when swipes are limited. I take my time and swipe selectively.

Swipes are limited?

I only used it for a brief time. When sober my only "swipe left" criterias were: kid in the picture, wearing camp/confederate flag anything, no pic, or completely grotesque (which was actually quite rare). When drunk I didn't even look.

Swipes are limited?

I only used it for a brief time. When sober my only "swipe left" criterias were: kid in the picture, wearing camp/confederate flag anything, no pic, or completely grotesque (which was actually quite rare). When drunk I didn't even look.

Pretty much exactly the same criteria here, but yeah swipes are limited and then you have to wait for them to replenish or sign up for a paid account.

My girlfriends were talking last weekend about how most of us got into relationships right before tinder blew up and how we wished we could try it because we're curious. My one single friend said fuck no you don't want to try it. Meanwhile one of these girls met her boyfriend on skout of all places. I don't know if that app is still around but that one was basically a meet and fuck app too. Man the world is a crazy place.

I had all the online dating stuff and I know it can work. My sister met her husband on eHarmony. I wasn't that desperate yet and I wasn't willing to pay... So I had OkCupid and Tinder.

I deleted it all a couple of months ago because ultimately, I think I want a relationship. And when someone asks how I met someone I realized I don't want online dating to be my story. The problem is that the majority of young singles aren't bold in real life anymore. We are silent on the bus, don't try and ask for each other's numbers and we rarely talk to strangers in coffee shops and bars. So. I have kind of stepped up my game in that regard.

I talk to interesting people when I see someone that intrigues me. It has led to some great conversation, and yes to some dates! It is pretty anxiety inducing to talk to people I don't know sometimes, but I just muster up my boldness and think why the hell not? I'll probably never see them again. And how much better of a story will it be? I don't know. Just something I have been thinking about lately.

Recently, I reactivated OKCupid with the intention of only being on it for like a couple weeks. Really, I was bored and wanted to go on some dates. I ended up meeting this one girl who has absolutely blown me away. We click on so many levels. We been going out for a little over a month now and just had that exclusivity talk, so yeah. 

I would say don't give up hope and if you feel that you are, stop put away the profile and walk away for a few months. Try to just meet people IRL without having the intent on anything more than that. (meetup groups have been great for me with that). Then if you want to go back, you can. remember all these things are more tools than crutches for you. 

I know people who've gotten married after meeting on okcupid. I have problem telling people that's how I met my girlfriend. It's really not even a thing anymore, anyone who cares is probably an uptight weirdo. It's the new normal.

As for strangers not talking to each other irl, good. That shit sucks.