Lucero Live From Atlanta 4xLP

PO tomorrow

Very excited to announce Lucero's first ever live album!

"Live From Atlanta" out August 12th. Check back tomorrow for pre order information!

32 track live album available on CD, digital download, and LP box set.

Last November, Lucero played three nights at Terminal West in Georgia to create a massive 4-LP, 32-track, career-spanning live hits album, Lucero: Live From Atlanta. Known for going all-out for their live shows, the band wanted to finally capture some of their songs in their live forms, which some fans may find more familiar and favor over the studio originals. 

“When you listen to ‘Freebird,’ you’re not listening to the studio version. You want that 17-minute crazy one. That’s the one you think to go to,” says guitarist Brian Venable. “So we’re hoping with this record, you’ll finally get a version of ‘Tears Don’t Matter Much' that you know."

Stream it below and tell us what you think! The album is set for release August 12.

Stream of Tears Dont Matter Much: http://www.altpress.com/features/entry/lucero_tears_dont_matter_much_live_song_premiere_and_album_announcement

Love Lucero and that's one of my favorite songs of theirs, but that legit sounds like the Mighty Mighty Bosstones.

agreed. goddamnit i miss lucerco from around 2007 and before. those were some of the best shows i've ever been to. no horns, just guys playing until they got too drunk to play anymore (and then play a few more haha).

Have you not seen them since they brought the horns on board?

nah i have, and it's not the same. i guess i get it, and i think they are finally in the band they want to be in musically, but i'm still fond of everything pre 1372 overton park. When they went up to UMG they had to clean up their act too (read: minimal/no drinking while playing haha), so that changed the dynamic of the shows DRASTICALLY. Sure they are hitting every note perfectly now, but that's not what drew me into their shows. Still a good band, but I find myself sticking to pretty much only those albums and skipping over Women & Work.

Edit: a good example of what I mean. Compare that above-linked TDMM with the version in "Dreaming In America"

Yeah, i hear that a bit. I love everything they've done and the evolution of the band as a whole. I've still seen them play a few times and it's always been the same ol trashed Lucero we all love. Granted it may have been because i've seen 'em in small bars. The only times its been watered down is when i've seen em in a festival setting.

Yeah, I'm also hoping that the price on this will be reasonable because I'll have to get it.  I wonder what the pressing info will be.  I hope that there is not a limited pressing because I probably won't be able to afford it right now. 

I have to agree that I definitely prefer the pre-horns era better, but I like them both. However, I'm not a big fan of their live version of Chain Link Fence with the horns and everything incorporated.  It's my one of my wife's favorite songs, but we definitely prefer the album version of that song better. 

Either way, you can't go wrong with a Lucero show.  Always fun as hell. 

I prefer pre horns lucero. Days of drunk and rowdy shows are over. The last few times I've seen them they've asked the crowd to calm down and to stop tossing beer around they don't want it to mess up their gear. Don't remember hearing that from them in the past. Nor have I seen a show where the band finishes. But Ben still plays some songs on his acoustic in the crowd since the horns. They have matured as a band. Which is perfectly fine. I just have fonder memories of the early years.

Looks like it's live now- http://lucero.merchtable.com/

LP Bundle 1 ($49.99)- http://lucero.merchtable.com/bundles/pre-order-lp-bundle-1-ships-week-of-august-12th-2014

• 1 copy Live From Atlanta Vinyl 4xLP
• 1 Live From Atlanta Coaster Set. Set of 4 double-sided coasters. Coasters measure 4" wide.
• 1 Live From Atlanta T-Shirt

LP Bundle 2 ($64.99)- http://lucero.merchtable.com/bundles/pre-order-lp-bundle-2-ships-week-of-august-12th-2014

• 1 Live From Atlanta Coaster Set. Set of 4 double-sided coasters. Coasters measure 4" wide.
• 1 Live From Atlanta Poster. Poster measures 18" x 18". This poster will be signed by the band! Only a limited number of signed posters available.

LP Bundle 3 ($79.99)- http://lucero.merchtable.com/bundles/pre-order-lp-bundle-3-ships-week-of-august-12th-2014

• 1 Live From Atlanta Poster. Poster measures 18" x 18". This poster will be signed by the band! Only a limited number of signed posters available.
• 1 Live From Atlanta Slip Mat

Ultimate Bundle ($99.99)- http://lucero.merchtable.com/bundles/pre-order-ultimate-bundle-ships-week-of-august-12th-2014

• 1 copy Live From Atlanta Vinyl 4xLP.
• 1 copy Live From Atlanta 2xCD
• 1 Live From Atlanta Slip Mat
• 1 Live From Atlanta Coaster Set. Set of 4 double-sided coasters! Coasters measure 4" wide.
• 1 Live From Atlanta Trucker Hat. Snapback, One size fits most.
• 1 Live From Atlanta T-Shirt. Available in mens/womens sizes.