PO: Ryan Adams - Self-Titled 9/9/14

I read somewhere that this is the Tom Petty album that Petty never put out and I couldn't agree more.  Listened to it or the first time today, then I listened to it four more times in a row.  

Yeah definitely, and Rumours-era Fleetwood Mac for sure. I'm digging this album so much. Best thing he's put out since 29.

That said, you guys should check out the Shadows from the World Cafe session a couple days ago.  Really good.  While still flawed in some areas, I'm seeing a lot of improvements from this band since their Newport show.  I'm now cautiously optimistic.  The Peaceful Valley is also pretty good from that World Cafe session

So just listened to the World Cafe Session and heard some AMAZING NEWS!

He has plans to release his "Black Hole" record...This is an album that has 2 different versions and is his LAST album before he quit doing drugs, so PRE- Cardinology LP (probably around the same time as 29, Cold Roses, and Jacksonville) 

This has me very excited. He played a song live off of it, and it was the best song I've heard of his in years! He also stated he plans to release it in 2 ways. First the standard record as it was intended, and the second a raw form (demos and unmixed stuff)....

So just listened to the World Cafe Session and heard some AMAZING NEWS!

He has plans to release his "Black Hole" record...This is an album that has 2 different versions and is his LAST album before he quit doing drugs, so PRE- Cardinology LP (probably around the same time as 29, Cold Roses, and Jacksonville) 

This has me very excited. He played a song live off of it, and it was the best song I've heard of his in years! He also stated he plans to release it in 2 ways. First the standard record as it was intended, and the second a raw form (demos and unmixed stuff)....

Oooooooh wow. I don't love Cardinology (seems like he doesn't either) but the Cardinals trilogy that all came out the same year are three of my favorite records ever. I am super excited for this as well, hopefully it happens sooner than later. 

Not to be a wet blanket because I'm as excited as anybody for Black Hole, but has't he said a few times over the years that this was being planned for release? Hopefully it's true this time and I believe it more now than I have in years past, but still...cautious optimism until it's officially announced/up for sale.

I Think it is happening given how much he has talked about it in the press in the last few weeks, plus playing the 2 tracks from it. But yes, I understand the hesitation to get excited.

Yeah the tracks being played live are what give me hope.

..of course I had the same hope in 2010 when he posted the picture of the test presses for it. When it comes to Ryan, you never know whats gonna happen

I Think it is happening given how much he has talked about it in the press in the last few weeks, plus playing the 2 tracks from it. But yes, I understand the hesitation to get excited.

It was also stated in an article that there are plans for it to be released for Record Store Day (i know you already know that though, haha)