Ambient Related Releases (Drone, Field Recording, Neo-Classical, Experimental)

so excited about this!!!! new collab between olafur arnalds & nils frahm is being released exclusively in stores tomorrow. or you can order a copy from forced exposure here:

http://www.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/arnalds-nils-frahm-olafur-life-story-love-and-glory-7-/ERATP.073EP.html

Super excited for this, definitely want to track one down.Thought Erased Tapes said it was an in store only release tho?

After contacting ET...looks like this is a large worldwide release. Despite the limited edition/2 weeks only language, many stores will have this!! As well as quite a few online stores. With almost all those being in UK, with exception of Forced Exposure...

If your in the USA, it is $16-17 shipped versus if you order from Boomkat.com its about $14 shipped!! But act fast Boomkat sells out of limited edition stuff pretty quick!!! (and who knows how many they got!) They also have samples of both songs....

-------------------------

Someone made a thread for the TIM HECKER reissue on Lawrence English's room40 label....A OOP 7" now pressed onto a 12" by LUPO in Berlin! Don't sleep on this one...

After contacting ET...looks like this is a large worldwide release. Despite the limited edition/2 weeks only language, many stores will have this!! As well as quite a few online stores. With almost all those being in UK, with exception of Forced Exposure...

If your in the USA, it is $16-17 shipped versus if you order from Boomkat.com its about $14 shipped!! But act fast Boomkat sells out of limited edition stuff pretty quick!!! (and who knows how many they got!) They also have samples of both songs....

-------------------------

Someone made a thread for the TIM HECKER reissue on Lawrence English's room40 label....A OOP 7" now pressed onto a 12" by LUPO in Berlin! Don't sleep on this one...

Ordered through Boomkat as the two closest indie stores to me did not get it in. Will also snag that Tim Hecker soon as well!

BEST NEWS! New album by, Rafael Anton Irisarri, A Fragile Geography - on Room40 (lawrence english's label)

By far my favorite ambient artist! You can hear 1 track that is epic, here: http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=31038

Room40 does limited color edition (numbers are never released) but usually pretty small. So jump on the variant right away if interested! 

http://emporium.room40.org/products/558023-rafael-anton-irisarri-a-fragile-geography

The aus dollar is much lower than usa, so it only comes to $26 shipped from Australia!!

Highly Recommended!!!

New Olafur Arnalds/Nils Frahm collab arrived today from Forced Exposure (in bulletproof packaging because FE is fucking awesome). It's everything I wanted it to be. Fantastic little piano duos. Very organic--no post processing so background sounds and all. I hope that they do a full length. I just can't even.

ToYpZTJ.jpg

^ Yea I got my from Boomkat 4 days ago and I was pleasantly surprised with the direction considering their last little EP (stare)...Both are fantastic regardless...

And yes a full length would be epic! But very doubtful...Nils BLEW UP in the past year and Olafur is constantly getting offers for soundtracks / working on soundtracks, as well as his contract with Mercury.. but who knows... 

Everyone should also check out the latest ERASED TAPES release, by Rival Consoles....His newest LP - He is a little more electronic then ambient, but I think he is the best electronic artist out their (granted I don't listen to much straight electro)

http://www.erasedtapes.com  

There is a limited RED edition for HOWL...bit pricey for us, US folks but its Erased Tapes so its usually 100% worth every penny! 

UM OMG...I am not sure if this is old news, but I just saw on ET store a release for OLAFUR AND NILS called LOON??

I guess ill eat my words above, looks like a mini LP or EP....Maybe its a mistake and they put it up before announcing it? But its odd its down lower as if its an older release! Go look for yourself: http://www.erasedtapes.com/store

Also there are audio samples...sounds more like its the electronic stuff, but amazing nonetheless I am sure! 

Track list:

• 01 Four
    01 Four

• 02 Three
    02 Three

• 03 Wide Open
    03 Wide Open

• 04 w
    04 w

• 05 m
    05 m
    12_inches.png
    12" Vinyl
    incl. Album Download
    in 24-bit WAV or MP3 format
    ERATP072LP
    £9.99
    pre-order_off.png 
    Release on October 2, 2015

That sounds pretty interesting - especially with the electronic stuff. 

Also, is this "LateNightTales" Nils Frahm release old news or what? There's no previews for tracks yet up on Erased Tapes but still, always nice to have new Nils. 

LateNightTales is a mix series and Nils is doing the latest one, basically he gathers together his fave late night tunes and does a few covers it will be great

Sampler:

https://soundcloud.com/latenighttales/late-night-tales-nils-frahm-album-sampler

I have posted this in other thread but here is a right place. If you:

• like 10 inch vinyl
  • like neoclassical music
  • or generally like good music
  • and you have about 45 usd of free cash

Then go to https://www.facebook...ynBridgeRecords  and order Stefano Guzzetti "Ensemble" 2x10". I'm listening to this album for two weeks now and it's just great.

I've spent today listening to Max Richter's Sleep - the 8 hour version and it's absolutely amazing. It's so good, it's really hard to stop listening.

I will buy the vinyl more as a physical token but the full download is the way to go; totally worth it.

Was moments away from submitting a post asking if anyone's checked it out, when it notified me of a new reply.  Beat me to it.  I'm glad to hear it delivers; I'm currently downloading it now.  I have no idea how I feel about the vinyl – it would feel great to support [what I only assume is] a genuinely stellar release, but I'd hate to feel like I was only listening to the abbreviated version of songs.  But then again, 8 hours is a lot of time to dedicate to one listen uninterrupted, complete with a dozen+ record flips.  I can see how it wouldn't be practical, but I'd still (very seriously) contemplate a full-length boxset.

That's unlikely to happen but I'd totally buy it, and flip the discs as many times as I need to. They could release it staggered, in parts throughout the year.

Regarding the 2LP release, it's indeed symbolic. They could have done a 4 LP out of it, Deutsche Grammophon is not a small company ffs. 

I could see this as a blu-ray audio release at standard resolution to make it fit, probably in a hardback book package. That would be nice.

Doesn't matter though, spend an afternoon with this baby, you won't regret it. I baked some bread and had coffee all day :)

Regarding the 8 hour (and 24 minutes) duration, like I said: the music is so good, you can't think of anything else you'd rather do. He's really outdone himself. But I could go on and on, so I'll leave it there.