PO: This Will Destroy You - Another Language (9/16)

SNEAK PEAK of the Another Language Australian pressing, photo at the pressing plant. Custom Navy goodness (FYI it's semi transparent).

Edition of /500

do you distribute to any stores around australia? $16 postage to se qld is killer

Thanks for the UK info :)

Any idea if the Amazon UK listing is the same coloured version?

I think so. Suicide Squeeze said that it was being distributed by PIAS in the UK and as they don't have anything but the copper version on the SS site, I see no reason to think that the Amazon version is not the copper press.

do you distribute to any stores around australia? $16 postage to se qld is killer

All music retail stores around Australia have access to our full catalog via MGM Distribution. So if they don't have it in the store you go to, you can ask them to order it. The RRP will be AUD $35.95 - but just like all things retail, some stores will have it more expensive, some will have it cheaper.

Thanks for the UK info :)

Any idea if the Amazon UK listing is the same coloured version?

99% sure it'd have to be.

The only colour from the 1st press with Suicide Squeeze is Copper /3000. The only Hobbledehoy colour from the 1st press is Navy Blue /500. Until a 2nd press goes into production from either of us (I am not aware of any), those are the only two variants worldwide. 

All music retail stores around Australia have access to our full catalog via MGM Distribution. So if they don't have it in the store you go to, you can ask them to order it. The RRP will be AUD $35.95 - but just like all things retail, some stores will have it more expensive, some will have it cheaper.

cheers for the response, i will probably end up ordering it direct from you guys anyway. i always wanted your pressing of tunnel blanket but i only found out about it after i got the suicide squeeze pressing unfortunately

cheers for the response, i will probably end up ordering it direct from you guys anyway. i always wanted your pressing of tunnel blanket but i only found out about it after i got the suicide squeeze pressing unfortunately

thanks man.

unfortunately our pressing of tunnel blanket came out about 4 months after the suicide squeeze version did. huge complications with the pressing, but all good now.

there are maybe 20 copies left of the 1st press with me? so if anyone's keen, i wouldn't snooze. still a few floating around stores, but only a very small number.

Hey Mark -

Records haven't arrived yet, stuck with government customs. I will be shipping out international orders first, on a first come first serve basis.

Most Australian customers will receive their packages just before the release date. Keep in mind I'm just one dude and I do this in my spare time, and work a full time day job. There are almost 200 orders to pack.

All orders will come with an album download, which will be sent shortly before the SEP 16 release date.

Suicide Squeeze, the US record label, have not sent out orders yet.

Just wanted to stop by and say this album is so fucking good.

Definitely.  To me, it feels like the natural progression from the S/T.  I think there are a few influences of Tunnel Blanket to be found inside of it - which is an album I really do enjoy, and view as a strong asset to TWDY's discography - but Another Language almost feels instantly recognizable without sounding rehashed.  Really happy with the way this album turned out.

I agree that this record is great, and I say that as this band meaning more to me than any other. However, there are a couple parts to this album that actually sound as though they should have been on their self titled. Now thats no complaint, but it wasn't expected, that is for certain.

What I find that sets this album apart is that it is extremely cohesive. Its not epic long song after epic long song, but instead, simply a seamless, epic album. Thats after listening to it twice through. Thoughts?

I agree that this record is great, and I say that as this band meaning more to me than any other. However, there are a couple parts to this album that actually sound as though they should have been on their self titled. Now thats no complaint, but it wasn't expected, that is for certain.

What I find that sets this album apart is that it is extremely cohesive. Its not epic long song after epic long song, but instead, simply a seamless, epic album. Thats after listening to it twice through. Thoughts?

I very much agree with this - strong cohesive listen the whole way through.  Love it!

UPDATE!

For all of you who bought in on the group buy...

Tom has assured me that this mass bundle will be one of the earliest shipments out from Aus!

Once I get these copies, I'll begin packing and be looking to ship as soon as possible!!

I slightly miscalculated cost on this (first time doing a group buy for me) but this will not effect cost for you, as a buyer, in any way. You live and you learn! :)

Every order will be shipped out via Media Mail w/ tracking. I'll be contacting each of you individually to confirm all the shipping information and to begin a chat that I can send the tracking information to!

I pack strong and will do so for each and every record. I want to make sure that the many miles these records must travel end up being comfortable ones :D

Also, I'm considering a raffle for a random toss in... For those of you who bought in, that is :) This is really something enjoyable to be a part of and I'd love to expand that with a cool addition. I'll have to look through what I have and decide what that might be... Surprise, of course :D

Thoughts?

Hope you're all doing well! Can't wait to get these out to you!!

Much love!

Ryan