PO: This Will Destroy You - Another Language (9/16)

• 5 weeks later...

The show the other night was incredible!! Blew me away how awesome they are live, the place was absolutely packed and they were jamming our hard, I loved it! A shame tho that they didn't even go on till 11pm...giving the two other opening bands long sets...I didn't get home till 3am so that fuckin sucked.

I gotta say I haven't disliked any opening bands more than the two for TWDY. Yikes.

But TWDY themselves more than made up for it when I saw them last week. The new songs slay live. I have grown a tad tired of this album compared to how much I liked it at first but it's still probably top 5-7 overall for me this year.

I gotta say I haven't disliked any opening bands more than the two for TWDY. Yikes.

But TWDY themselves more than made up for it when I saw them last week. The new songs slay live. I have grown a tad tired of this album compared to how much I liked it at first but it's still probably top 5-7 overall for me this year.

i loved silent land time machine but absolutely hated future death. god they were bad.

i loved silent land time machine but absolutely hated future death. god they were bad.

Silent Land Time Machine was definitely talented as hell. It was just putting me to sleep being that it was the first act. Very long periods of single notes being played and occasional electronic noises mixed in. Not to mention at the end when he made a noise which my brother compared to the sound of an Atari exploding...for what felt like 5 minutes.

Question on the sound/production - is it supposed to sound like it's 'distant' or 'underwater'  an 'old timey phonograph'  sound (except for the few louder parts)?  Like, that's the whole part of the ambient vibe or groove with the atmosphere that makes it pop?  Or does the vinyl sound much more up front than the digital?

Question on the sound/production - is it supposed to sound like it's 'distant' or 'underwater' an 'old timey phonograph' sound (except for the few louder parts)? Like, that's the whole part of the ambient vibe or groove with the atmosphere that makes it pop? Or does the vinyl sound much more up front than the digital?

I know exactly what you mean. The vinyl doesn't remedy that. I had to crank up the volume pretty good to get good sound.