PO TOMORROW: The Matches EVDKTL vinyl

dNGJJxi.jpg

http://thematches.storenvy.com/

From Absolutepunk:

"Starting on Thursday, June 26th at 1 pm PST ... you'll be able to order The Matches' E. Von Dahl Killed The Locals on vinyl. The pre-order will be taking place on the band's webstore as they have gotten the rights to press this album themselves. It'll come out as a double LP: one black, one red. One album will be the original, pre-label version (which includes "Superman") and the second will be the version made famous by Epitaph. It also includes a 12 page booklet with old photos and memories from each member of the band. There will be 350 that will be signed and $40.00 and the remaining 150 will not be signed and sell for $35.00. All 500 will be numbered. These will go insanely fast."

Spendy.

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS

Now that that's out of the way, am I the only one worried about a band pressing their own vinyl for the first time? I know I've seen it happen to where there were like months and months of delays and things got screwed up. Though sometimes it's not so bad.

I was really bummed about the price until I saw that it was both versions of the album. I was gonna be even more bummed if I got the version of Scratched Out that has "come out Jenny" and "Nersey Girls" instead of "come out Virginia" and "catholic girls". I can't remember which version is which. I know that may seem silly but I fucking loved this album, and especially that sing, in high school and that version of the song bugs me.

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSS

Now that that's out of the way, am I the only one worried about a band pressing their own vinyl for the first time? I know I've seen it happen to where there were like months and months of delays and things got screwed up. Though sometimes it's not so bad.

I was really bummed about the price until I saw that it was both versions of the album. I was gonna be even more bummed if I got the version of Scratched Out that has "come out Jenny" and "Nersey Girls" instead of "come out Virginia" and "catholic girls". I can't remember which version is which. I know that may seem silly but I fucking loved this album, and especially that sing, in high school and that version of the song bugs me.

That's on the original (red vinyl) version. The lyric got changed because it's from a Billy Joel song and I think the label was afraid of legality issues, same with the "singing along with the Rolling Stones" lyric in the original Jack Slap. There are other minor differences between the versions of songs appearing on the original and Epitaph releases too. I remember Chain Me Free sounding much less polished especially.

Oh, I only had the original CD that my friend let me borrow freshman year for a while and the only song that I noticed when I originally switched versions was that one. I never really knew why they changed it but that makes sense now.

Yeah, I can't say which version I prefer, myself. I grew up with the Epitaph release, so that's the "normal" one to me, but I really like the original a lot too. I'm glad we get both so I don't have to worry about it, plus Superman is on there, which I was afraid would be left off. Here's hoping they end up playing that song at the shows.

I really hope this stays up for more than 1 day. I dont get paid till friday and they are one of my favorite bands. Sigh.

Edit: I really want this badly. If anyone is willing to pick up an extra tomorrow I will pay you back friday plus 5$ for your trouble. PM me so I dont clutter up this thread. Thanks!