Video game OSTs

Can some please press any (all) of the Metal Gear Solid games?!

xInfinity

Even a double LP with songs pulled from the first four games would be amazing. side A could have the metal gear solid theme and the enemy alert theme and The Best Is Yet To Come; side B could have Opening Infiltration, Revolver Ocelot and Can't Say Goodbye To Yesterday; side C could have Snake Eater, Surfing Guitar and Old Metal Gear (bc those songs rule deal with it); and side D could have Old Snake, Laughing Octopus and Love Theme

i'd give a whole paycheck for that

I'd get the Halo: Reach soundtrack just for "We Remember"

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the Halo games/soundtracks (minus Halo 4)! But ODST is #1 in my book.

And that's the anniversary pressing (re-recorded music). Vinyl wasn't as cool back in '04 unfortunately.

They re-recorded it? I thought it was just a re-release. I had no idea!

Yep: Wikipedia Same thing for 2. EDIT: yes, it's probably a bad site for references...

Also instead of Breaking Benjamin and Incubus they had Misha Mansoor from Periphery write some originals for the two songs that originally played during the game. Steve Vai reprised his guitar work though! He replayed the "intro" and some of the other guitar bits during the game.

I received this today from Japan - been on my Discogs list for years.

YhiOPatl.jpg

It's a techno remix of music from Resident Evil 2.

This is awesome. I'll probably have to find this now. I had the biohazard 2 OST pretty much since it came out, but it's been damaged over the years so I just ordered another. Which of the songs are remixed on here? To be honest very little of that score stands out as memorable to me, but it's been well over a decade since I've heard any of it.

According to vgm.db my biohazard 4 OST I bought when it was released was actually a Taiwanese bootleg (although a really nice looking one, great artwork, it had me fooled for a while) the only legit soundtrack (at the time of release) was a 2 CD set that came with a big art book. Looks gorgeous and I wanted to ditch the bootleg, so I ordered one of those too :P

To commemorate the 20th anniversary of composer Yasunori Mitsuda's career, we are pleased to announce an arrangement album that celebrates the collaboration between Yasunori Mitsuda, Square Enix, and the Chrono series.

Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross are highly acclaimed not only for the quality of the games themselves, but for their timeless music as well. Yasunori Mitsuda himself has carefully selected tracks from among many fan favorites and produced an arrangement album with all new recordings.

While the new arrangements retain the vivid and memorable melodies of the original pieces, each benefits from new layers of depth, including songs that feature new vocals.

After 20 years, the enduring music of the Chrono series returns to the present with a new sound and feel.

https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/286966/chrono-trigger-chrono-cross-arrangement-album-cd

That's outrageous. So many so quickly! Out of curiosity, how did you get these stock updates?

Someone posted them from another game soundtrack forum, I'm curious too.

That release sounds amazing, you had my hopes up briefly, thought it was being pressed on vinyl!