Video game OSTs

In all honesty it's not THAT much, considering you can deduct like $100 from that for TLOU. Although in my opinion that's probably the best out of that list.

This is why I chose not to order any of the 3 today though. You need to ask yourself how much you'll REALLY listen to them. Tbh I find this a problem with any soundtrack (although probably more so films), I mean who's sitting there listening to the soundtrack to the original Godzilla film!?

There are a select few soundtracks I'm happy with, but ordering for the sake of ordering is crazy.

THE HOBBY!!!!

In all honesty it's not THAT much, considering you can deduct like $100 from that for TLOU. Although in my opinion that's probably the best out of that list.

This is why I chose not to order any of the 3 today though. You need to ask yourself how much you'll REALLY listen to them. Tbh I find this a problem with any soundtrack (although probably more so films), I mean who's sitting there listening to the soundtrack to the original Godzilla film!?

There are a select few soundtracks I'm happy with, but ordering for the sake of ordering is crazy.

I really need to work on this myself. I don't regret not getting any of these today though and I probably won't.

Hey don't you say things about the Big G while I'm here, bub! *rushes over to my record* It's alright, he didn't mean to say it. He just wanted to throw out an example and he had to choose you.

Haha, sorry man, that gif in your signature was just sitting there looking at me and I couldn't resist... ;)

I love these games and their soundtracks. I really do. But when I get more play out of a $15 Bon Iver album than I would from a $35 N64 soundtrack, that's when I have to start thinking of where my money goes. All of these video game soundtracks would be 100% nostalgia purchases for me. 

As for The Last of Us -- yes, it's probably 'the best' video game soundtrack vinyl to be released thus far. However, do I see myself getting up eight times to listen to the full soundtrack? Hell no. I bet 90% (maybe more) of the people who purchased that won't even listen to the full thing. It looks like a beautiful set, yes, but I feel my $75 would fare far better on the new Replacements box set, for instance. 

You guys are getting it, aren't you? You don't have to give in and buy it all up just cause businesses/blogs/this place tells you should. Buy what you really want to buy and you'll be a happier vinyl collector in the long run. And so have some money in the bank as well.

You guys are getting it, aren't you? You don't have to give in and buy it all up just cause businesses/blogs/this place tells you should. Buy what you really want to buy and you'll be a happier vinyl collector in the long run. And so have some money in the bank as well.

Yea this. My rule of thumb is that if there is just one song on entire record that I dont like I wont buy it. I have to like every single track and want to listen to it consistently before I'll even consider buying it on vinyl. I see way too many people ordering shit just for the novelty of it with no interest in the album/movie/game.

Yeah soundtracks are already pretty niche but when you throw in video games, it definitely tends to lean on the most memorable stuff. I mean once we get past the big names, it's going to get weird for these gaming vinyl companies with them releasing stuff for smaller indie games. Although if one of these companies gets really smart and puts out a Persona 3/4/5 soundtrack boxset, maybe I'll break the bank for that. I will just drop the needle on Heartbreak, Heartbreak and Mass Destruction over and over again

I will play it eventually, when I can tear myself away from Destiny and Dark Souls. But I listened through the OST before release and bought it on the strength of that.

EDIT: I will add that if Mondo had announced that the boxset wasn't a limited pressing, I'd have probably waited.

Oh ok. The game is fantastic