[PO] Maybeshewill – Fair Youth – 08/25

That last song keeps hooking me. It's the only one I've loved from the start.

The beginning of the album is good, middle starts to bore me, but then it picks back up at the end. I agree it hasn't blown me away, but I keep finding myself wanting to go back to it. Ending the album on such a strong note helps, too. It's like a nice payoff after listening to the rest of the album.

I'm sure the rest will continue to grow on me as well.

• 1 year later...

My brother texted me earlier about this. Sucks I'll never get to see them live.

Plus I couldn't get into Fair Youth at all, so it sucks that'll be the last material from them.

Yeah, Fair Youth is a far cry from everything before it.  I don't dislike it, but I do find myself listening to everything else a lot more.  If they were going to continue down that trend, I'm glad they decided to break things off when they did.

Yeah, Fair Youth is a far cry from everything before it. I don't dislike it, but I do find myself listening to everything else a lot more. If they were going to continue down that trend, I'm glad they decided to break things off when they did.

I feel like the production really hurt this one. Everything just sounds so muddy.