[PO] Maybeshewill – Fair Youth – 08/25

Welcome to VC, Ghost.  Unfortunately, the aspect of a group buy won't really work without more users.  If you get 3 more people together, you'd maximize your savings.  As it stands, the first 8 slots are filled unless abovetheearth or dapeebs backs out.

Thanks, Derek! 

If there's anyone else that didn't get in on the first group that's interested, I'd be fine with organizing another group. I have plenty of mailers. I also wouldn't be opposed to waiting for the Superball variant, though the cost may be different.

Thanks, Derek! 

If there's anyone else that didn't get in on the first group that's interested, I'd be fine with organizing another group. I have plenty of mailers. I also wouldn't be opposed to waiting for the Superball variant, though the cost may be different.

I think King is going to go ahead and use Bill Me Later to secure 4 copies before they're at risk of selling out, and then sort out payments later.  So if one of the other two guys flake, you'll already have a copy lined up and secured.

I checked the vinyl prices in the Euro store at Superball.  Not only do they ship to the U.S., but it comes out to $36 PPD – just like the blue copies do.  So long as they're priced similarly to what's in stock right now, I'd say you can expect that same figure for the red Fair Youths.

I think King is going to go ahead and use Bill Me Later to secure 4 copies before they're at risk of selling out, and then sort out payments later.  So if one of the other two guys flake, you'll already have a copy lined up and secured.

I checked the vinyl prices in the Euro store at Superball.  Not only do they ship to the U.S., but it comes out to $36 PPD – just like the blue copies do.  So long as they're priced similarly to what's in stock right now, I'd say you can expect that same figure for the red Fair Youths.

Awesome. I really appreciate all the info!

The new track sounds great. Seems like it'll be a perfect follow up to I Was Here.

I'm either stupid or blind, but I can't find the Superball Euro store...it redirects me to InsideOut (which sucks) and there's no Maybeshewill

I'm either stupid or blind, but I can't find the Superball Euro store...it redirects me to InsideOut (which sucks) and there's no Maybeshewill

I'm assuming InsideOut will be the storefront for it.  But yeah, there is no Maybeshewill available.  The band said that the red copies won't go up for another week or two.

I already went ahead & did the quotes on this. It appears there is no limit to how many you can order, and shipping maxes out at 35 Euros. To keep it at the current $28 & change it would take an order of 10 of these.

I want the damn purple too now haha. But I dunno, might be quite the headache to do.

Thinking of how well a translucent purple will look with this cover art really makes me want to grab this one as well. I'm not usually into variant collecting, but I've found myself getting more into it lately. I'd be willing to organize a buy if we can get 10 people interested. It'd be awesome if Oceansize - Frames went up soon to combine orders; I'm guessing a lot of those with interest in this would be into that as well.

I'm not usually into variant collecting, but I've found myself getting more into it lately.

Yesss.  Welcome.

Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

But for real – I've been 50/50 on "variant collecting" ever since my first vinyl purchase.  I think it's a waste of money to own more than one copy of any given record - assuming they all sound the same - and for limited presses, it intervenes with the ability of someone else to get a copy.  Someone, somewhere missed out on that PO or just didn't have the funds when all the "good" colors were up.  You've got 4 and they just want 1.  Kind of shitty.

But at the same time, there's something extremely gratifying about owning a record on a slew of matching or coordinated colors.  And while there are very few albums that I own every variant of, it feels pretty damn good to step back and realize that you've "completed it".  And of course, there's always the "you snooze, you lose" mentality regarding limited quantities.  So in essence, I can definitely see the debate from either perspective.  But when I said I was 50/50 on the subject of variants, I didn't just mean my stance on it.  I half-ass a lot of my colorways... usually finding myself ordering 1 copy on the rarest variant, 1 on the variant that best matches the art, 1 on a repress with different packaging or artwork, etc. etc.  I end up with 2 or 3 copies of certain albums - when I only need 1 - and then there are sometimes just 2 or 3 other variants that I'd need to buy to scratch that completionist itch.  It's a stupid predicament.  I really need to sell off my excessive variants and stop with that nonsense in the future, or fully commit to being a hoarder and going all in.  (Leaning towards the former for economic and spacial reasons.)

But anyway.  With that rant being said, I think I'm going to grab a purple before they disappear and I regret it.  There's no way we could orchestrate a 10 man group-buy.  There was enough interest to pull off 8, but I strongly suspect that interest has waned since then.  The worst part is that if the band does go through with their red copies for sale (this week or next), and assuming I did commit to it, that's $90+ spend on a single album, three times.  Good lord.