[PO] Maybeshewill – Fair Youth – 08/25

COVER_web.jpg

/r/HYPE

/r/PO

This is the progress being made for a group buy of the limited edition blue variant.  Gatefold jacket, limited to 100 pieces, with CD included.  Superball Music will be selling a red variant (also /100) sometime in the next week or two.  Will update this thread with more details as they come to light.

The blue variant comes out to $28.50 + $3 / $4 Media Mail

Awaiting Payment Payment Cleared

GROUP A / DEREK™

01  Derek™

02  Batman

03  BillyA

04  Olsvik

GROUP B / KING OF THE GUTTERS

01  king of the gutters

02  omik11303

03  abovetheearth

04  GhostTrail

I was just about to make this thread, too haha.

Definitely stoked. And in for a group buy, as well. I just hope this doesn't turn out like Talons did and the limited variant is only available in a shirt/accessory bundle.

Ssshhh, don't jinx it.

I know the band did a single press for their last album, with no frills, gimmicks, or bullshit with the pre-order.  I really admired that.  Hoping for the same thing this time around, but with some colored vinyl as the standard variant.

I've got 9 of us so far, which is a fantastic start.  I have no doubt in my mind that we can whittle the price down significantly, so long as shipping isn't directly proportionate to the quantity.  Since this will go up very late Tuesday night (or very early Wednesday morning), I'm 99% confident I'll be online and scoping their webstore for information.  Look for this thread when you guys log in come Wednesday morning – it'll contain price break-downs, details on the record itself, and anything else you'd care to know.

Morning bump since people are waking up.  And because this is officially up.

• Blue vinyl /100

• Gatefold.

• Includes CD.

Shipping is just shy of ideal on this thing; playing around with the numbers, it seems like it's a flat rate of $10 for up to 4 copies.  Limited blue vinyl is $26.  If we all commit, we're looking at about $28.50 to get them to my place, and then another $3-4 for me to mail them your way.  Roughly $32 PPD when it's all said and done.  I knew it wouldn't be cheap, but it beats purchasing it on your own, which is $36 PPD.  I'd like to place the order as soon as possible – by this point you've all received a PM with details.

Burkazoid opted out of the group buy because he's not in the U.S.  This puts us at 8 orders total, which really is the perfect number.  If you're still on board with this PO, you have all the information you need in the group PM.  Remember; we're (ideally) shooting for two separate orders of 4.  If there are 3 more West Coast members who'd like the limited version of this album, let me know ASAP.  I'm also willing to handle East Coast orders, but it would really make more sense for us to designate another person to handle those.  That way someone else would get free (secondary) shipping for their copy – that is, they would only have to lug 3 copies to their local post office instead of 4.  It just makes sense.

...But looking at the locations of everyone else, it seems like I'm the only one on this side of the U.S.  So I guess it doesn't even matter which group handles which orders, geographically.  But the only thing that's important is that we place 2 orders.  So if someone's comfortable handling the order, packaging, and [prompt] shipment of 3 copies to 3 other members... please speak up, and we'll funnel you the Paypal funds for 3 more copies.

I will keep track of who's paid and who's in which group as the morning progresses.

For you variant mongrels (you know who you are) –

I can't confirm whether or not they will be similarly priced, but Maybeshewill will be selling a red variant - also /100 - directly from their label (Superball Music) in a couple of weeks.  They're not positive on the shipping costs or if there will even be an option to ship to the U.S., but it's something to consider gambling on if you're not willing to spring for the blue right now.

We'll also be getting a video / full track off the album later today.  Very excited.

Received payment from omik11303 and Batman.  Thanks guys.  That leaves 1 more person for Group A.  The next person to Paypal me will be locked in, and I'll place the order immediately.  I'll also be going to bed once that order is placed, so it will be up to the remaining 4 to determine a group "leader" and order-er.  I'll update the group PM once we have the fourth slot filled.

Hmmm, I pay $37 (~$35) ppd to Germany...so, pretty decent price for a group buy!

It's really not bad at all.  It was actually cheaper, earlier, before I contacted the band and asked them if it was alright to place an order of 9.  At the moment, there was a glitch in their webstore that allowed you to order any amount of copies - from 1 to 1,000 - for a flat rate of $10 shipped.  It came out to $27 per person.  John told me that there's nothing stopping me from doing so, but that it would hose them at the post office.  So out of respect, I waited until they fixed the webstore shipping, and placed 2 orders at his request.  Very small increase, and it helps them out, so everyone wins.

New track –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lIGGvhGz3

I'm new around here, but would love to join in on a group buy. Not sure if the current group is complete or not, but let me know; I can send money over immediately if it isn't. Thanks!

Welcome to VC, Ghost.  Unfortunately, the aspect of a group buy won't really work without more users.  If you get 3 more people together, you'd maximize your savings.  As it stands, the first 8 slots are filled unless abovetheearth or dapeebs backs out.