Pomades

I could research this, however, you seem to know. What makes one pomade different from another?

Yeah the wax/water based and strong medium light hold. I'm just into trying different ones and maybe thought some people here had tried some of the newer brands. I just bought some old school black and white that I'm excited to try. Also looking to try some anchor brand as well.

i have only tried two. murrays and axe clean cut.

i need something that holds like murrays but washes out like the axe. is this possible?

Yeah I used axe way back when and that's why I started branching out. Suavecito firme hold is good for what you're looking for. You want a water based pomade because it will wash out easy and basically a medium/strong hold depending on what type of hair you have/what kinda do you are going for.

After that you can chose things like scent (suavecito has a very manly cologne scent) and sheen. That's why I'm so intrigued by pomades haha. Endless possibilities!

I'm using Suavecito Original Hold at the moment, the scent is really nice. I'll have to grab some of the firme hold next time. 

Have you tried Uppercut Deluxe? I'd say their Deluxe pomade is on par with Layrite/Suavecito/Grant's. I like their Monster Hold, but it isn't water-based. If I use it I'll usually use some Murray's Light as well.

You might find this helpful: http://therebelrouser.wordpress.com/pomade-reviews/

I'm using Suavecito Original Hold at the moment, the scent is really nice. I'll have to grab some of the firme hold next time.

Have you tried Uppercut Deluxe? I'd say their Deluxe pomade is on par with Layrite/Suavecito/Grant's. I like their Monster Hold, but it isn't water-based. If I use it I'll usually use some Murray's Light as well.

You might find this helpful: http://therebelrouser.wordpress.com/pomade-reviews/

Got my haircut recently and my barber used some uppercut after and it was pretty nice. Gotta add it to my collection soon.

I'm always looking into collecting good ones. Besides the obvious Suavecito,Murray's, Layrite, and american crew(which I'm not a fan of).

I was coming in here to say Suavecito is the besttttt! That said, for the most part I just use Royal Crown because I'm a cheap-ass.

I normally use Suavecito but my current can is Layrite since thats what my barbershop (The Proper in LA) had last time i needed some. When i went to get my haircut this weekend they had switched to Bona Fide due to some personal issues with the owner of Layrite. I liked it when my barber used it after my cut.

Don't waste your money on Axe, you pay more for less than 3oz than you do for 4oz of any other water based pomade product.

I could research this, however, you seem to know. What makes one pomade different from another?

with the new water based stuff they are pretty much all the same, most of the time the only real difference is the smell of each brand.