Everyday cleaning, brush, cloth, or what?

I ordered an Audioquest LP record clean brush, which has mostly good reviews on Amazon, but I read one that says it scratches records. Now, perhaps this person pushed it a little too hard, I don't know, but what do you guys recommend as far as normal record cleaning, just the wipe before playback, I'm not talking about those $100 and over cleaning kits, but the brush or the ones that have a some kind of cloth with some cushioning attached to a plastic handle. What is safer for the record?

I use a basic carbon fiber brush from eBay and a cut down slab of magic eraser for the stylus. If the record came from a thrift shop, i'll spray it down with water and wipe it down with a microfiber cloth and then give if a brush on the turntable and dab the stylus with the magic eraser a few times after each side.

I use the Sleeve City double bristle brush. Works really well!

http://www.sleevecityusa.com/Double-Bristle-Record-Cleaning-Brush-p/dc-305.htm

I use the same one, agree it works great for picking up dust.  I always do a pass with it before playing.  This brush is known elsewhere as the Hunt EDA Mark 6

I use the same one, agree it works great for picking up dust.  I always do a pass with it before playing.  This brush is known elsewhere as the Hunt EDA Mark 6

I've been using the Hunt EDA Mark 6 for almost a year and am super content with it. Make it a habit to do a quick brush before each play, use the ole' Magic Eraser if your stylus gets any junk on it, Spin Clean your super dirty records and you will be good to go.

OK, I got the Audioquest brush yesterday and it's terrible. I don't understand how can anyone like it. I mean, the brush itself is not bad, but it's too short, if you're not very careful the aluminum in the frame will touch the record and most likely scratch it. I want a brush or something that will take the dust out without any chance of damaging the record. This thing is going back to Amazon.

Any other recommendations?

OK, I got the Audioquest brush yesterday and it's terrible. I don't understand how can anyone like it. I mean, the brush itself is not bad, but it's too short, if you're not very careful the aluminum in the frame will touch the record and most likely scratch it. 

I have that brush and I have no clue what you're talking about. I think you're pressing/angling the brush too hard?