OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

So. Now hearing that they're $45 at the shows. Any confirmation on that?

Dang, raising the price partway through a tour? Laaaaame.

I don't know what thread I posted this in before it was recent purchases, saw the peach and just assumed it was this thread. Not ready to make a trade thread until I have it in hand...but if anyone is looking to get a grey and missed out on it before and has a green SSTB they'd like to trade to me I'm in on that deal.

UNLESS!!! I've heard that each venue gets a different percentage cut of merch from bands. This forces the bands to adjust the asking price for their stuff to accomodate what the venue demands. I believe generally it's between 10% and 20% of sales. Don't quote me on that as it's been a very long while since I've helped bands locally with merch.

UNLESS!!! I've heard that each venue gets a different percentage cut of merch from bands. This forces the bands to adjust the asking price for their stuff to accomodate what the venue demands. I believe generally it's between 10% and 20% of sales. Don't quote me on that as it's been a very long while since I've helped bands locally with merch.

this happens a lot. if the price continues to be $45, you know theyve raised it. if not, then it was just venue influx. 

Thanks! Just trying to figure out how much cash I'm gonna need to bring.

I ended up taking like $120 just in case I could snag multiple copies for board folks, so I had extra money for beer and ended up buying one of the raglan t-shirts and a Prize Fighter Inferno 10" .  Thinking I maybe should have passed on PFI, but oh well.

Shirts were $25 at my date. Same for the previous dates I've see. Only record prices were changed.

It's possible that the venue (Fillmore - Denver) took a higher percent and they raised prices to compensate, but damn, the amount of merch they had was insane. There were people at the table for the ENTIRE show.

If you're charged a higher %, it makes sense to raise it on the items you KNOW you'll sell. They're guaranteed $1,600 a night on IKSSE vinyl alone.

Though I'd be willing to bet they just raised it to raise it. Another guaranteed $200.

Why does that make sense? You don't get charged a percentage on things you don't sell, and you get charged the same percentage on everything you do sell...So you'd just raise it on all of the stuff, rather than take a bath on shirts, and make more money on vinyl.

Why does that make sense? You don't get charged a percentage on things you don't sell, and you get charged the same percentage on everything you do sell...So you'd just raise it on all of the stuff, rather than take a bath on shirts, and make more money on vinyl.

Nailed it.

Let's see how crazy it gets tomorrow in Orlando. I have Platinum so I'm sure I'll be able to snag a copy unless for some reason they "limit" a number for each "group" in attendance.

I have Gold passes for Saturday but I might be right on time. I can paypal you the money if you wouldn't mind trying for me. I'd greatly appreciate it!

Heading out in the morning to head to Orlando for the show. My cousin has a gold pass so I'm gonna pass him some money and see if he can get me a copy. It's going to be fucking nuts. I think we decided to just sit back and drink during the show. The last two times we saw them it was just nuts and I'm not sure I can make it out alive a third time. :P

It's going to be fucking nuts. I think we decided to just sit back and drink during the show. The last two times we saw them it was just nuts and I'm not sure I can make it out alive a third time. :P

This. Broke my glasses last time and had to spend $200 the next day for new ones. See you at the bar, bro

Not sure where i'll be for this one. I feel like i'm getting too old for the rowdiness. Might just hang out near the bar or the balcony.

This'll be what I'm doing. I probably won't be in the main bar area but on the balcony where I can enjoy the band and get drunk. I usually love going to shows and being right in the middle of it, but Coheed is the only band I've seen where I actually thought I might get suffocated by the crowd before the end. See you fellas there.

I, for one, am going right to the balcony. I enjoyed them from there the last few times. Last time was when I met Juan actually...

This is the post I meant to quite, but the other holds true too. Haha.

This. Broke my glasses last time and had to spend $200 the next day for new ones. See you at the bar, bro

Yeah, the first time I saw them I got kicked in the face while wearing my glasses and they almost broke. That was the last time I wore my glasses to a show.