PO: Damien Rice - My Favourite Faded Fantasy

• 1 month later...

Looks like Amazon US has an "Import" version for pre-order as well.  I noticed this one is 2xLP and the US one is 1xLP, but other than that does anyone know of a difference?

Here's the import version on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAOSTH4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00NAOSTH4&linkCode=as2&tag=theoffici075f-20&linkId=2Q4YOVWGPANKOTJA

Looks like Amazon US has an "Import" version for pre-order as well.  I noticed this one is 2xLP and the US one is 1xLP, but other than that does anyone know of a difference?

Here's the import version on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAOSTH4/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00NAOSTH4&linkCode=as2&tag=theoffici075f-20&linkId=2Q4YOVWGPANKOTJA

The US is 2xLP also. 

I'm new to Damien Rice's music & just got around to listening to 9 for the first time the other day. That album is so good. And I really like the few new songs from this album I've heard. And I just got a free $100 Amazon gift card from work so I went ahead & pulled the trigger on this. It'll be a good album to break up the majority of my collection. Plus my wife will actually listen to this with me haha.

I love Damien Rice, but I'm curious what he did for the last 8 years as far as work goes/making ends meet haha. Gonna get this album, it'd be cool if they pressed his others too, specifically "O"

Damien and his girlfriend Lisa broke up. A lot of his songs were about her and sung with her. They had a tumultuous relationship and were on tour in Europe 7 years ago when a fight broke out back stage. He fired her and she walked out of his life. She hasn't spoken to him since. I'd guess that was a big reason for the delay.

EDIT: I just realized I didn't answer your question at all but I thought I'd shed some light on what has taken him so long.

I've listened to this a few times, and I think I am going to cancel my pre-order. It's not that I don't like it, but I don't like it enough to spend $35 on it. On the bright side, it's my favorite Damien Rice album without Lisa Hannigan. On the downside, it's easily my least favorite Damien Rice album.

Yea, totally my friend. If I see this in my local shop for like $20-$25 and its been a slow month of purchasing...I will grab it...otherwise I can live without it...Id much rather have a copy of O  and then 9 and call it a day.... ( have a strong feeling if this album does well some reissues will be in the pipeline?>)

My local shop can get this for $29.99 and he is the cheapest of the cheap...gives a few $ discount when special ordering...so if anyone gets this LP for less than that you'd be super lucky! This hit #1 in Ireland this week already....as expected going to be a WIDELY successful album regardless of various opinions....

No love on release day??

Spinning this now (from US Amazon). 2x 180g LP & yes it is 45RPM. Sounds crystal clear. Seriously. 8 flawless sounding songs. And I do not have a super fancy table (Sony $100 TT).

And oh yeah, the album itself is pretty spectacular. "It Takes a Lot to Know a Man" is some epic orchestral shit right there.