PO: Recover - Ceci N'est Pas Recover EP 10" (Fadeaway Records/Animal Manufacturing Co.)

"It's Thursday night and I'm afraid I don't have good news. So, to get right to it, the Recover vinyl has been delayed. Again. Yes, again. I'll pause so you can get pitchforks and light torches... Phew. Ok. Now that you've composed yourselves, I'll explain. I wanted it to be a surprise, but the packaging has a die-cut frame in the cover. Sounds cool, right? Yes. But did it just confuse the hell out of the printer and cause a two week delay? Yes, again. I did everything to ensure they didn't, but they printed the cover wrong, and in the day that it took to relay that information we lost our place in the production line. This is some Henry Ford style assembly guys, we're making things. So, after a frantic 24 hours on the phone with our plant in Europe, we've negotiated that they can eek out 50 records by tomorrow, and ship them. To add more fun into the mix, I don't know which color of vinyl will print first. It's like the Hunger Games and Russian Roulette but with sweet sweet vinyl jams. In the end, the first batch of 50 will go out either the 24th or 26th of December, and the full bulk will ship the following week. The first people that placed their pre-orders (based on the first vinyl color to ship) will get their orders first. I know that this is terribly un-fun, and I know you all really wanted your records by Christmas--trust me--I want you to have them, too. So, from the bottom of my heart I apologize, and hopefully once you all have your records in hand, it will have been worth it.

And after all this, I'm pretty sure I just decided to never do a pre-order again... Especially at the end of the year.

If you have concerns about your order, please get in touch with me directly at [email protected].

- amy"

ZOMG!!!! How did I miss this?!  I adore this album and Rodeo & Picasso so much.  They were a force to be reckoned with live touring behind these two albums... saw them a bunch of times and was never disappointed.  That is until This May Be the Year I Disappear came out.

Either way, so happy these are still available.  Purchasing now!

:o they were the first band I ever saw live... in a small legion hall... got me into music... have a very special place in my heart for them, but to each there own.

To each their own....I thought they were boring as hell on their studio recordings and somehow even more boring live...rarely have I seen a less enthusiastic looking national touring band

To each their own....I thought they were boring as hell on their studio recordings and somehow even more boring live...rarely have I seen a less enthusiastic looking national touring band

What album were they touring behind when you saw them?  I saw them probably close to a dozen times behind Rodeo & Picasso and Ceci.  During that time, NO ONE would be able to describe their live shows as boring or non-enthusiastic. 

But I do think they dropped off significantly (both recorded and live) when they put off This May Be the Year.

What album were they touring behind when you saw them?  I saw them probably close to a dozen times behind Rodeo & Picasso and Ceci.  During that time, NO ONE would be able to describe their live shows as boring or non-enthusiastic. 

But I do think they dropped off significantly (both recorded and live) when they put off This May Be the Year.

He's talking about Armor For Sleep not Recover