how many orders do you have not delivered yet

Wow, y'all have 20 plus records you're waiting on?! And I thought I was bad...

I'm currently waiting on 11 LPs:

Modern Baseball - Sports

Angels & Airwaves - We Don't Need to Whisper

Tyler, the Creator - Bastard (bootleg)

Guardians of the Galaxy soundtrack

Frozen: The Songs

Run the Jewels - RTJ2

Michael Buble - Christmas

Coheed & Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3

Modest Mouse - This is a Long Drive...

The Lonesome Crowded West

TV On the Radio - Seeds

But most those records are worth $20+++.  I had 20 records incoming, but 8 of them were sale records that were $8-$10, and most of the others are $12 LP's.

With all the delays and preorders, this is only going to grow for most of you. Several labels just got emails from Rainbo saying their wait for LPs is 16-18 weeks AFTER test approval. Add 6 weeks for tests and 3 weeks for lacquers and you have an average pressing time of 6-7 months. As a label, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing a preorder for anything right now.

This is getting to be ridiculous.

Strangely, Rainbo has been working at a very swift pace for me. I'm at about 2-3 weeks for tests and then they're giving me estimations of 8 weeks for final product after tests are approved.

MUCH better than URP. They're averaging about 28 weeks for a release for indie labels (we get bumped for bigger projects)

8 9, though was 12 13 until the other day when the ship came in!

I've been trying to focus my money into picking up a back catalogue of older albums that are in my want-list, but I end up getting sidetracked with pre-orders... Got all the JEW reissues which are held up by Futures; Oasis - WTSMG; also looking forward to A.M. Overcast's Lexicon Palace from SoftSpeakRecords - I threw in Have Mercy - My Oldest Friends and the latest Tawny Peaks album to capitalise on the shipping cost. Gates Bloom & Breathe went on the backlog today. 

edit: TTNG - self titled also.

Street Smart Cyclist discography hasn't come yet. (probably today)

Electric Wizard - Time to Die (Amazon)

Coheed and Cambria - IKSSE:3  (grey) (x3)

DOOM and Bishop Nehru - NehruvianDOOM  (Amazon)

Modest Mouse - LCW and Long Drive

Mineral - The Power of Failing and EndSerenading

Megadeth - Peace Sells...But Who's Buying?

Metallica - Ride the Lightning (Elektra)

PLUS...totally gonna order the two E. Wizard reissues coming out when they get a little closer.

Gary Clark Jr.- Live

Coheed - IKSEE3 (Gray Swirl and Black)

Iron Maiden - Complete Albums Boxset

Manchester Orchestra - Hope

Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways

Frozen Soundtrack

My Chemical Romance - Black Parade

Should have all of these by November.

Is that the pic disc Maiden boxset?

No they are reissuing them on black vinyl

The Complete Albums Collection 1980 - 1988 LP Box Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NOCK4ZC/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_FIgiub02KAB77

Oh dang! Too bad all I need from that first box is Killers, otherwise I'd snag it just to have that nice box. You know what the pressing info on these is/are the remastered, original masters, etc?

edit: there's probably a thread, I'll look for it.

edit 2: there is a thread. I have posted in it apparently.

All I see are tons and tons of shipping charges. 

For those that are ordering 20+ records per week, is this because there are no good record stores near you or is this in addition to shopping locally?

Also, I disapprove of you spending even $1 on anything other than food and shelter and I stand in judgement of you.

For those that are ordering 20+ records per week, is this because there are no good record stores near you or is this in addition to shopping locally?

Also, I disapprove of you spending even $1 on anything other than food and shelter and I stand in judgement of you.

For me it's mostly because of limited variants that don't go to the stores--yeah, I'm that guy. When things are just a standard press, though, I'll always give my money to my local shop because I love supporting them. I actually kept track of every single vinyl-related purchase I made this year, which allows me to see exactly how much I've spent on shipping costs. I was going to make a thread about it when the year ends and I've collated all the data, but man, you're right, it is NOT pretty so far. You don't realize how much $4 stacks up to multiple times over the year. 

Also, normally I don't like GIFs in signatures because they get boring, but yours is hilarious every time. Oh my gosh hahaha

I don't buy records anymore unless it's from a handful of core bands I like. Still love vinyl, but  I'm all about building a small, focused collection and avoiding stuff that just takes up shelf real estate.

I have 2 records from Balzac coming soon (and 3 CDs)

from Slumberland the new Allo Darlin LP + a Veronica Falls single

Like TimesTwo said, I also like buying limited variants for bands I really like.

The main reason I don't go to shops much is because the closest ones to me are about 45 minutes/1 hour away so I can't always justify making the drive there.

Usually when I buy records I try to bundle them with other records I've been wanting to save on shipping, but if I'm pre ordering its hard to do that sometimes if I want the limited variant before it sells out.

This thread reminds me of that Scene in Willy Wonka when the teacher is asking the kids how many chocolate bars they bought, and they all bought hoards of chocolate bars. Then poor Charlie is like "1, no not 100, just 1". With that being said, I only have 5 records coming in between now and December.

Ok I finally got around to organizing my incoming vinyl

Copeland YAMS

Copeland ixora

Brand New TDAGARIM

Elliot False Cathedrals

Streelight Manifesto Keasby nights

Straylight Run The needles the space

Straylight Run Prepare to be wrong

Straylight Run self title

Circa Survive juturna

Circa Survive Violent Waves

Circa survive appendage

Circa survive b sides 7"

Between the buried and me colors

Between the buried and me silent circus

Between the buried and me self title

Coheed Grey IKSSE:3

'68 in humor and sadness swirl

Northstar is this thing loaded

Taking back Sunday TAYF

Further seems forever penny black

Propagandhi How to clean everything

Acceptance phantoms

The bled pass the flask

Anatomy of a ghost evanesce

Dr. Manhattan self title

The hotelier home

Frontier(s) white lights

I think that's it based on my emails. We got a new credit card this week and I had to break it in. I'll pay it all off at tax return time.