Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

I get what you mean but I actually think the RNG drops make sense after Crucible matches. Exotics and Legendary drops aren't particular common and don't seem to favor any one player. Plus, one match isn't always indicative of a players overall performance. I know my K/D really, REALLY tumbles after a few drinks, but I keep playing anyway. Meanwhile, I'm going way positive on Saturday mornings. 

I think a better solution is to continue RNG in the post match lobby (almost as is) but implement a more performance based solution over time. Either at somewhat random intervals (e.g. have a positive K/D for X matches) or tie it in with the Crucible rank system, so when you up your rank you get something sweet, including activity specific shaders or weaponry. 

I'm sure balancing a game population this huge is really tricky but I'm kind of bummed that earning rewards doesn't feel more..... I dunno, fun.

TL;DR - Instance based RNG is cool, I'd like some rewards on broader performance metrics. 

Yeah, my point is more that I can play strike playlist, get +31 reputation points, and at LEAST 2 blues (usually more like 5-6 counting drops + the occasional 4 drop roll), every 10 minutes.  Or I can play crucible, get nothing 80% of the time, or 1 blue 20% of the time (not even an engram) +12 rep points if I lose and +31 rep points if I win every 15 minutes.

That's aside from the RNG basics, which, to be fair to my point, I have NEVER seen someone in the top 3 get a purple or above.  That's RNG, and I know it is, but it doesn't help my perception of the problem.  To abwsolutely kill it in a crucible match and get 6000+ points and a ratio above a 2 and see the guy who was AFK and went 0-23 get an exotic is enough to make your brain bleed.

That sort of ties into a larger problem. Blues and greens are pretty much worthless after you're half-way to 30. The whole loot system is a bit goofy, even if you overlook RNG. 

Generally I am with you, I was just making the point that I don't really give a shit about post-match loot drops because they are almost always worthless. Tying skill potentially makes it inherently unfair or even more worthless. I guess really, we are making the same point, but for a different reason!

That sort of ties into a larger problem. Blues and greens are pretty much worthless after you're half-way to 30. The whole loot system is a bit goofy, even if you overlook RNG. 

Generally I am with you, I was just making the point that I don't really give a shit about post-match loot drops because they are almost always worthless. Tying skill potentially makes it inherently unfair or even more worthless. I guess really, we are making the same point, but for a different reason!

I'm just a fan of torturing myself by opening Cryptarch packages for more blues. ;)

I need some more shaders I have 20 copies of!

It's sort of upsetting that the only oppty to get anything good in a week is the two hard raids and the two nightfalls i get to run.  Once those are done (did all 4 yesterday) I know that what I have is what I have for the week.

I have a ton to level, I'm not stuck or not progressing, but that brings me to the second biggest problem, which is farming materials.  I needed over 300 relic iron in the past week and a half for upgrades. I've collected over 160 of them and probably spent 4-5 hours doing it. But I don't know if I have another 4-5 hours in me for repetitive boring ass farming runs.

"Heavy anno". Dammit.

Hopefully there are some good Crucible bounties active today. It'll be a good time either way, so long as we don't run into a full team with Last Words and Hawkmoons.

Someday soon, Derek, with any luck, we'll BE that team.

Regardless, I'm ready to pop some skulls and get audibly frustrated to the point where I'm conscious of the fact that I'm probably annoying everyone in the party but too enraged to stop.

That's the only way to do it. I need to hear about that bullshit Novabomb that shouldn't have hit you. Not just see the text notification.

I think I may audibly rejoice when I get a Last Word. When I got the Warlock helmet last night - which I really wanted - I just sort of raised my eyebrows and mouthed the word whoaaa to myself. Whole different ballgame if I can score one of those exotic hand cannons.

That's the only way to do it. I need to hear about that bullshit Novabomb that shouldn't have hit you. Not just see the text notification.

I think I may audibly rejoice when I get a Last Word. When I got the Warlock helmet last night - which I really wanted - I just sort of raised my eyebrows and mouthed the word whoaaa to myself. Whole different ballgame if I can score one of those exotic hand cannons.

"FUCK TITAN PUNCH. FUCK. FUCKING TITAN OP BITCH. MY SOLE PURPOSE IN LIFE IS NOW SPILLING THE BLOOD OF PoopyPants69" - Two_Rooks

Little preview to get you ready, Derek.

"FUCK TITAN PUNCH. FUCK. FUCKING TITAN OP BITCH. MY SOLE PURPOSE IN LIFE IS NOW SPILLING THE BLOOD OF PoopyPants69" - Two_Rooks

Little preview to get you ready, Derek.

You legitimately get punched by Titans more than anyone I know.  A tiny piece of me dies every time it happens.  I just don't get it.

So what are you guys doing during the shut down? I sent a few expense reports and ate some pizza rolls. Now I'm catching up on Gotham. Anxious to get on and finish leveling the new raid pieces I got this week.

Ha, luckily I'm still at work. So doing my usual, refreshing this thread and reading the Destiny reddit page :\

lol :(