Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

I'm super happy with the Last Word.

I got home at like 5am last night and spent an hour allocating my weapons and shaders to my 3 characters because who the fuck knows why. My Hunter now has my Handcannons/Snipers/Rocket launchers, Titan has ARs/Shotguns/MGs, Warlock has Pulse/Scout/Fusion. This mainly came from the fact that I noticed I hate what Titans look like with hand cannons. Don't judge haha

I'm right there with you, Shlebs. Titans with hand cannon look super dorky. ARs or bust, with them.

Hand cannon / sniper / rockets are my go-to combo for the Warlock, who I've been playing as more frequently lately. I'm so close to unlocking the namesake ability for Last Word – it and the stability perk are all I'm after before trying it in the Crucible. (Though I have full intentions on maxing it out.) But even so far, it is easily the most stylish and entertaining gun I've used. Way too much fun.

Don't know about you guys, but I got two leg pieces, a chest piece, a scout rifle, and a fusion rifle I've never seen before – all through the Tiger playlist lastnight. The two leg pieces look super knight-esque, and match the knight helmet I rock in Crucible. Looks seriously awesome, but I think they all put me down to 26 or so. Really only suitable for any PVP that isn't Iron Banner.

Yeah, none of it is particularly good. Everything is blue (rare), and I scrapped a lot of it. Held onto those knight legs and a horrendous puffy red robe that makes me look like I'm ready to deliver presents to all the children of the Tower. Kind of regret scrapping the fusion rifle that looks like a nail gun, but I'm sure I'll get it again. Weird night for drops.

On the plus side, that level 26 setup maxed out my discipline, so I'm all set for grenade mischief in PVP. And on a related note, I purchased the void robe for the warlock yesterday, and already leveled it up. I'm officially ready to learn the ways of the cheese, Shlebs... even if I think it's more fun to kill him legit.

Really just craving a Hawkmoon at this point. And some raid gloves. But that's about it. So glad the DLC is right around the corner.

I feel like precision hip fire kills with the Last Word don't always (or even often) register. I swear I see heads popping off but still no yellow numbers.

I was basically using it as a secondary to my sniper rifle, and it works great.  Wasn't necessarily going for headshots, but that's something I'll have to test out next time.  It is, however, excellent for wrecking anyone who may round the corner and catch you off guard.  Played a quick match after I level up the stability and locked down a 32 and 3.  (Granted the other team was pretty horrible.)

Playing with you guys (Derek, Rooks, Batman) was fun last night. The game definitely changes at 20. I honestly didn't think I was going to like Destiny since I hate COD and all that, but this is a blast. Maybe the Scifi angle is all I needed. I know I'm a bit far behind on terminology, leveling, etc. but I finally hit 20 last night and got my first piece of gear with light.

Regarding light gear, is it better to equip it even if your current piece has more defense than the piece with light? Or should I just save all my light gear until I have enough to hit 21? I'm assuming you just keep replacing gear that has more light to level.

Thanks, guys. Looking forward to playing again!

For anyone else wanting to n00b it up with the likes of a 20, feel free to add me and we can yell at 30s who kill us in one hit. And 30s can add too to laugh.

PSN: mattphotographs

So, the light gear will increase in light (and stats) when you level them up. At first you'll be finding better ones to swap out, but if I were you I'd start looking into Legendary (purple) armor. You can buy some with Vanguard rep at the tower until you find better gear, too. If you can get up to 26, we'll get you in on a Raid. That's where you'll find the best stuff.

Glad you're enjoying it, either way. Don't be shy to join us whenever you can.

So, the light gear will increase in light (and stats) when you level them up. At first you'll be finding better ones to swap out, but if I were you I'd start looking into Legendary (purple) armor. You can buy some with Vanguard rep at the tower until you find better gear, too. If you can get up to 26, we'll get you in on a Raid. That's where you'll find the best stuff.

Glad you're enjoying it, either way. Don't be shy to join us whenever you can.

Thanks for all the info, Derek. I really should just go on a wiki or r/destiny and read up on everything haha. Glad to hear the light will increase with gear upgrades. I'm definitely going to be grinding more so legendary stuff. Stoked to get my first piece. And sounds good, dude. I'm always down! Thanks again!

Dude the Destiny Reddit page is a great resource as well.

I'm reading through a lot right now.

I'm currently going to do bounty after bounty and strike after strike, trying to get vanguard points and marks. Is that the way to do it?

Fuck, I'm so use to DIII/WoW that reading all about Destiny is confusing. Haha.

Hopefully I can get a piece of legendary at some point today.

Bounties are excellent, always. The trick is to equip the armor, weapons, and subclass you're trying to level before you "cash" them in, since that's when the XP bonus is awarded.

Vanguard and Crucible marks are always nice to stockpile on. The game only lets you earn 100 per week, and you can only hold 200. So don't sit on them for too, too long. I think all armor is 65 vanguard marks, minus the helmets which are 130.

Bounties are excellent, always. The trick is to equip the armor, weapons, and subclass you're trying to level before you "cash" them in, since that's when the XP bonus is awarded.

Vanguard and Crucible marks are always nice to stockpile on. The game only lets you earn 100 per week, and you can only hold 200. So don't sit on them for too, too long. I think all armor is 65 vanguard marks, minus the helmets which are 130.

Right on. I'll do a few bounties then switch to Crucible, so I don't get sick of them.

I just got my first legendary item (a legendary heavy machine gun). Got it from an emblem.

I'm still only at lvl 2 at the Cryptarch with 1/4 done. That seems like it is progressing the slowest.

I don't know how confident you are with the Crucible yet, but there are sometimes easy bounties for PVP (like 10 zone captures) that are pretty much free experience.

What Legendary LMG did you end up scoring? My first ever purple score was that Zombie Apocalypse one. Good stuff.

I feel ok. There are a lot of people better than me, but a lot that are worse too. I think I'm gonna try that now.

I got Deviant Gravity-A.

Also, I just hit 21!

Nice, man. Sounds like you're getting the hang of it. It just gets easier and easier, too, once you figure out the maps, mechanics, and loadouts that best suit your play style. I am by no means super-beast in the Crucible, but I used to be a lot worse. Like, a lot worse.

Also, just to clarify; levels don't mean anything in Crucible. All damage is leveled and balanced – one rifle will do the same amount of damage for (and to) a level 10 as it will a level 30. The abilities, however, do carry over and that's where the big guns really dominate. And you can probably deduct that most anyone who's a level 30 has probably seen their fair share of quality guns, and has an arsenal built up. Guns (and armor) with crazy perks are the only advantage in the Crucible. Stats really don't make a difference outside of the time-sensitive Iron Banner events.

Nice, man. Sounds like you're getting the hang of it. It just gets easier and easier, too, once you figure out the maps, mechanics, and loadouts that best suit your play style. I am by no means super-beast in the Crucible, but I used to be a lot worse. Like, a lot worse.

Also, just to clarify; levels don't mean anything in Crucible. All damage is leveled and balanced – one rifle will do the same amount of damage for (and to) a level 10 as it will a level 30. The abilities, however, do carry over and that's where the big guns really dominate. And you can probably deduct that most anyone who's a level 30 has probably seen their fair share of quality guns, and has an arsenal built up. Guns (and armor) with crazy perks are the only advantage in the Crucible. Stats really don't make a difference outside of the time-sensitive Iron Banner events.

Yeah, it definitely is cause I just got over 3500, a 1.27KD, and a whole mess of tags during the last match like machine gun lord and stuff. Unfortunately I didn't get any loot from that, but I finished a few crucible bounties.

And that's good that it is evened out for everyone. I was wondering how a lvl6 dude had 5000 points in a match haha.