Trent Reznor + Atticus Ross - GONE GIRL Soundtrack LP

jhulud

So far the only place I see this being available is on NIN.com, has anyone seen this available anywhere else?  I dont mind buying directly from the band, but as a frugal person I like to weigh my options.

Also, for anyone who does not have a digital copy of TSN you can download it for $5 from Trents Null Co website.  www.nullco.com

Never mind, it looks like www.nullco.com/TSN is all fucked up right now. 

So far the only place I see this being available is on NIN.com, has anyone seen this available anywhere else? I dont mind buying directly from the band, but as a frugal person I like to weigh my options.

Also, for anyone who does not have a digital copy of TSN you can download it for $5 from Trents Null Co website. www.nullco.com

Never mind, it looks like www.nullco.com/TSN is all fucked up right now.

Not yet.....still waiting...the mp3s are available on amazon though so guessing they will have it along with every other internet retailer soon....

On a third listen of the whole thing so far today and it's so much more than anything TR+AR did with TSN and GDT. More layered and subtle. A few of the tracks definitely echo stuff from Ghosts while I've felt that some others give me a vibe of Vangelis' work on Blade Runner. 

On a third listen of the whole thing so far today and it's so much more than anything TR+AR did with TSN and GDT. More layered and subtle. A few of the tracks definitely echo stuff from Ghosts while I've felt that some others give me a vibe of Vangelis' work on Blade Runner. 

I've only listened once, so I won't judge yet, but my first thought was that this is the best soundtrack thus far.  It felt like a more cohesive version of Ghosts.

Also, someone mentioned something about Atticus in this thread... I don't think most people realize how influential Atticus has been in regards to Nine Inch Nails and Reznor's soundtrack work.  Atticus' work in 12 Rounds and as a solo musician are equally as good, and have a very distinct fingerprint (which is very present in Reznor's work Ghosts onward).

What's interesting is that 12 Rounds was one of the bands on Reznor's Nothing label back in the 90's but the album never saw the light of day. Goes to show how far back they've been working together. And it's a great pairing as has been evident in not only the soundtrack work but also with NIN and HTDA.

If you ordered GG, then you should start seeing the downloads on your account on nin.com.

Now, got a question for those who know and would care explain it to me.

What truly is the difference between the MP3, Lossless, WAV, and FLAC formats? Which should a casual, non-technical person use and listen to?

Lossless is normally apple codec, wav is windows friendly and FLAC is for us technie nerds that like to uncompress ourselves. All these are considered LOSSLESS while  mp3 is LOSSY and music is missing or compressed to fit in a tinier space. If you are listening on an ipod or crummy speakers you wont notice but good equipment will show the difference immediately.

Imagine taking a few chunks of a whole pie....it still tastes like the pie but its not the whole thing....

SOrry no coffee yet...hope that helps

Thanks for the info, guys. It does help. Any idea if the download for this on the MP3 is 320kps? How would I be able to tell? The download link on my account just says "to download on MP3 format" along w/ the other format choices as well.

If you use iTunes, you could download the Apple Lossless or WAV files and then convert them to 320 k MP3s in iTunes. That way you would have both the lossless and lossy versions.

What truly is the difference between the MP3, Lossless, WAV, and FLAC formats? Which should a casual, non-technical person use and listen to?

Here's a little more basic breakdown (as some of the information above isn't quite right).

Lossless

• Exact copy of the source for all intents and purposes, very large file size
  • WAV is uncompressed
  • FLAC and ALAC (Apple's proprietary version of FLAC, sometimes referred to as Apple Lossless) are simply compressed WAV files.  Think about zipping a document, you don't loose any data, but it's smaller while compressed.

Lossy

• A lower quality (think, lower resolution image) audio file.  MP3 being the most common (there are a plethora).  320kbps is the highest quality MP3 (science says your ears can't tell the difference between this and lossless, audiophiles disagree).  As you lower the quality down to 256, 192, etc, it's a lower and lower quality of sound (again, lower and lower quality image).