PO: Neil Young - Storytone - 2xLP

Here is is 

Storytone Double 180g Vinyl

$69.99

http://neilyoung.warnerbrosrecords.com/storytone-double-180g-vinyl.html

Product Description
Storytone 180gram Double Vinyl and 24”x 24” heavy stock lithograph featuring Storytone artwork by Neil Young. Also includes digital singles and digital album delivered on release date.
Bundle Includes:
Storytone Deluxe LP
Storytone Digital MP3 Album
Who's Gonna Stand Up? Maxi MP3 Single

Release Date: December 16, 2014

storytone-deluxe_1.jpg

I'm all for great packaging and nice pressings... And all of his stuff is top notch, including his music. However, 70 and 80 dollars for this is INSANE. I caved on a few of his pricey LPs, but I'm going to have to hear this first.

Also just checked that CSN&Y 7xLP Box Set is still on sale for the low price of 499.99. I wonder how many of these they actually sold.

Welp, guess I'll still have to live with my $5 Harvest and After the Goldrush LPs. Most I've spent on a Neil was that recent bootleg of Harvest Moon for $30.

How does that bootleg sound/look? It's tempted me a few times, since the OG is out of my price range and there are like 20 Neil albums in line for a reissue ahead of it.

His new vinyl is ridiculously expensive, and his days of good songwriting are behind him now. 

Wasn't aware of the Harvest Moon/Silver & Gold bootlegs. I wish that all of his 90s stuff was more affordable on vinyl. I'd love to have Ragged Glory, Harvest Moon, Sleeps with Angels, and Broken Arrow in my collection.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, I just haven't been able to digest any of his more recent albums. I absolutely loved Greendale when it came out, Prairie Wind was great, and Living With War was really enjoyable as well.

I haven't been able to get into anything since then. Psychedelic Pill was a trip, though. I'm a sucker for Crazy Horse and 20 minute long jaunts.