DC Cinematic Universe Thread

No. At this point, the movie looks like a shitty way to force the joker into an already messy cinematic universe. 

According to some of the evidence and dialogue weve seen so far from BvS and SS as well as the comics, the educated theory right now is that:

Jason Todd is this Joker. And the Joker is dead in the BvS timeline. Batman has a mental break and kills him. Thats why he killed everyone in BvS.

I always have questioned them casting Will as Deathshot. Deathshot maybe the protagonist in SS, but we all know that he's an ass when facing off with Batman. It is hard to see the Fresh Prince squaring off with Batman lol.

It's Deadshot though, right? I think you're making a portmanteau type name with Deathstroke and Deadshot. No biggie, but just clearing up any confusion.

According to some of the evidence and dialogue weve seen so far from BvS and SS as well as the comics, the educated theory right now is that:

Jason Todd is this Joker. And the Joker is dead in the BvS timeline. Batman has a mental break and kills him. Thats why he killed everyone in BvS.

So that means they're just going to

skip over the Jason Todd/red hood storyline? Skipping some of the best batman stories that have never been told in film is one of my biggest problems with this new franchise. How do you get people to connect to characters you just see in flashbacks? It really seems like they're just winging this as they go and assuming everyone at the theater knows all the major comic plot lines.

Nice. I'm wondering if they would have gone the Xmen DOFP Rogue Cut route (waiting a whole year) had the movie not the gotten the critical reception it's getting.

Nice. I'm wondering if they would have gone the Xmen DOFP Rogue Cut route (waiting a whole year) had the movie not the gotten the critical reception it's getting.

i follow none of this logic.

plus, this extended cut was announced a few weeks before the movie premiered. not everything is a reaction to what other superhero movies do. i mean, shit, snyder already did this with watchmen 7 years ago

Think it's a stretch to call Robert Downey and Ed Norton b actors in the 2000s.

really? Neither of them were the box office stars they are now when they were casted in iron man and TIH, respectively. RDJ's career might as well be done and Ed Norton wasn't exactly at the top of everyone's casting list because of The Illusionist and Keeping The Faith.

I understand the point, I just think B movie is not the right term

He didn't say b-movie, he said b-list actor. Big difference.

Most people in b-movies are like...d-list and lower actors, people who would normally just be extras in bigger studio movies.

It's the difference between some unknown actor and someone like...Danny Trejo. He's a b-list actor for the most part, but you still recognize him and go, "oh yeah, he was in "xxxxxx."

I finally was able to see this yesterday in IMAX. And while I understand the issues people are having with it, I personally enjoyed it. And when certain people say Gal Gadot was a highlight I felt pretty meh about her Wonder Woman. I felt like Lex having a file on meta-humans was obviously a way to shoehorn in the Justice League cameos. And what's with the files already having logos? Seeing Jason Mamoa's Aquaman makes me question if that movie can end up being good. I avoided spoilers all weekend, as much as I could, so I could go into this movie being wowed. I really liked the Flash cameo, while I was watching it I just did not know what was going on. My brother sitting next to me, seeing my amazement, explained it was the Flash. He read some spoilers haha.

I really liked the opening of the film taking place right in between the chaos of Man of Steel. I got choked up when Jack in the Wayne offices prayed before his passing. We see so much cursing and ugliness from man nowadays that a gentleman praying in a big-budget movie really struck a chord with me. I believe it brought weight to the scene.

I think this is a movie where you will end up liking if you like Zack Snyder's take on the characters and his directing. There were a lot of scenes that, to me, felt like Watchmen. Slow motion, hues of colors etc.