Why is it that System of a Down never has represses?

• 10 months later...

Grabbed up a copy of Toxicity today, pressed on a mottled pink vinyl.  Haven't been able to spin it yet, but judging from this thread, I feel that I won't have any major issues.

They have a S/T at the record store I got this one at, so I may swing by and grab it up if nobody else does.

I got really excited from this bump...

I grabbed S/T, toxicity, mesmerize, and hypnotize "imports" from a local record store a few weeks ago and all sound good to me. The sleeves are on the cheaper side, but they do the job protecting the goods.

Will definitely pick up S/T and Toxicity at some point. I'll wait for mez and hyp to go down to like 10 euros then I'll get them.

I'm hereby officially recording on the internet my desire to buy all of them including the two shittier later ones that I've come to enjoy.

I think in the end the vocals got better and worse.  The melodies got better and the lyrics got waaaaaay more vapid.
The music became a bit poppier, but it was still good... just not as good.

I'm hereby officially recording on the internet my desire to buy all of them including the two shittier later ones that I've come to enjoy.

I think in the end the vocals got better and worse.  The melodies got better and the lyrics got waaaaaay more vapid.

The music became a bit poppier, but it was still good... just not as good.

Mezmerize/Hypnotize will always be my favorite. They started doing some different stuff, and that was cool.

As long as it was done right I would too. Not some gimmicky pic disc or splattered deal. Good mastering black vinyl with nice jackets and such.

Exactly. Or individual 180g remasters. I'm tempted to say I'd want Mez/Hyp as a 2xLP with one cover printed on each side, but I wouldn't mind getting them separately either.

I hope they repress on to something that's not a picture disc. Quality issues aside...they creep me out

I hope they repress on to something that's not a picture disc. Quality issues aside...they creep me out

Interesting. I love the design, except, y'know, picture disc.