Out now: Father John Misty - I Love You, Honeybear

Did anyone else find it strange that the audience started laughing towards the end of the song? I don't think I've ever seen that happen during a performance on a late night show..

Like previously noted, it was a laugh track.  I think the excessive string section, automatic piano, the laugh track, and his apathetic demeanor were all commentary on America / Entertainment.

His debut album is the ONE loser edition I missed out on and am very sad about that! WAAAAHHH...

No but defiantly a hard to come by edition of all the other Losers out there...So those that are on the fence I'd just do it...it will sell out very quick....he is getting more and more popular....Man back when he performed as J.Tillman he had a very very small following...I remember the name change and realizing, oh, it J. Tillman nice......lol

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PO'd back in Nov.  Can't wait for the demos, they're usually barebones "J.Tillman" versions of the album tracks, like the old days.

The price was not a factor in this for me.  Having snagged the Loser edition of LP1 last time for such a steal, it was a no-brainer.  But I do agree, bring back the "Losers", the price is a wee steep

Did anyone else find it strange that the audience started laughing towards the end of the song? I don't think I've ever seen that happen during a performance on a late night show..

Die Antwoord, the audience burst out laughing at the end on David Letterman haha

I PO'd this as well! I love everything he releases. 

If I miss out on the DEMOS CASSETTE someone on here not want there's/dont have a tape deck? I know a lot of you don't have the means to play a tape!! :)  So if so please please consider me!~! I may get one but ordered pretty late from Subpop...so who knows! Ill throw ya a few bucks for the trouble as well...

• 2 weeks later...

My loser edition is clean.  No noise bubblegum pink pop-subversion

Mine is just the regular black version.  I tried cleaning the record, cleaning the stylus, still noisy.  I even got a new turntable (Not just because of this problem, I already had it on order when I got the record). Maybe it's just a bad copy.